Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barnes & Noble and MCM

Gregg...have never seen it at the Barnes and Noble in Northville, MI, nor the one in Dearborn, MI.  Seems strange, as these are key auto enthusiast areas due to the domestic car manufacturers located nearby.  Either they are selling out really quickly, or they are most stocking it for some reason   Cheers...TIM 

Do you have distributors in Canada? I have never seen the magazine up here. Our big book seller is Chapters/Indigo, and the competition is there, but not yours.

Hi Dan, I live in the Ottawa area and get MCM from my hobby shop. Not sure who he gets it through, but if your local hobby store can't get it you can always subscribe.

I went to the store(B & N) today.There were none on the shelves.I asked at Customer Service(??) and a lady said they don't order titles at store level.

They are ordered by a buyer and she would pass the request on to her manager.This is the store in Asheville,NC.It is in an area called Biltmore Park.

Not related to the attraction.Based on my experiences with this store,I'm not holding my breath.

The store number is 2326.

The store in Arden Mall seems to have it "more frequently" than Citrus Heights does. It's too bad that neither RC Country or Hobby Town in Folsom carries either magazine. One reason to miss Riverside Hobbies, I guess.

I even miss Rierside Hobbies, I would drive down from Redding every few months to do a little shopping, but mainly to stock up on Tamiya paints neither of the local stores will bother to stock, even after explaining that my usual bill for just paint when I went down was in the $250 range. And R/C Country isn't any better than our local stores on that point, haven't been to the Hobby Town in Folsom yet.

Any better inventory their?

Edited by horsepower

I even miss Rierside Hobbies, I would drive down from Redding every few months to do a little shopping, but mainly to stock up on Tamiya paints neither of the local stores will bother to stock, even after explaining that my usual bill for just paint when I went down was in the $250 range. And R/C Country isn't any better than our local stores on that point, haven't been to the Hobby Town in Folsom yet.

Any better inventory their?

I haven't been to Hobby Town for a while. Last time I was there, it seemed like they may have been reducing the number of car kits they had on the shelf. They had a decent assortment of Model Master paint, but some holes in the Tamiya stuff.

Last summer I asked the local store to stock this magazine and they said they couldn't. Today I finished canvasing the B&Ns in the Austin area today. None of them had an issue in stock, though they all said it was on the list of things they could carry. They all said to check in weekly, that they never knew what magazines would come in when. I did mention that I had been asking B&N corporate to follow up on availability for me, so maybe they will be more likely to carry it regularly. If they can carry 15 different RC plane magazines, tons of model train magazines and all the wood working stuff, I think that a few model car magazines is not too much to ask! We'll see. I do know that bugging corporate tends to yield results, so I'll keep up with that.

GREG,  I DIDN'T CHECK BARNES AND NOBLE, BUT MEIJERS  ( A GROCERY & GENERAL MERCHANDISE CHAIN OUT OF GRAND RAPIDS) HAS HAD IT IN THEIR MAGAZINE SECTION SINCE AT LEAST DECEMBER, WHEN I WAS THERE. THE DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE MAGAZINES MUST BE THE SAME AS B&N? THIS WAS THE MEIJER IN WATERFORD, MICHIGAN.