Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite all time Kit\Build

What's your favorite kit or personal build of all time? So far, mine is the Revell '67 Corvette...both the Coupe and Roadster. I've got one of each that I'm putting together now and I love them. Everything fits very nicely, and it's one of the best looking cars of all time in my opinion. 

Favorite kit and or subject matter.

Hands down the MPC 1972 Vega funnycars,,,especially the Pat Foster driven Barry Setzer car.

I built one of these many years ago when they were new.

I had to build another one when I bought a clean builtup ( have since bought 3 or 4 more ) Plus I have a mint in the box unbuilt ,,that will stay that way.

post-9887-0-75776000-1430089583_thumb.jp

Favorite kit is the Monogram F-350. Favorite build of all time the Lindberg 53 Ford Victoria. The Victoria was just one of those builds that went perfect from start to finish, no hiccups and turned out better than it should have with the skills and tools I had at the time.

Car kit...the new Revell 29. Haven't built very many car kits in my time, but I really like this kit.

Truck kit... the Pete and KW snappers.

This is by far, the build I'm proudest of. Not perfect, it has flaws, but it was my first build in 10 years. It came out just how I wanted.

ATT_1435311579800_image_zpssjdhgrpd.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

For me its real hard to narrow down but here is some of them...

Johan snap kits

Hubley car kits

Aurora 1/16th scale funny car and diorama kits

AMTs Craftsman series kits

And while others from my childhood were some of my favorites some were tough builds but would jump at a chance to have them again.

PS...beautiful builds everyone.

Edited by disabled modeler

Momogram 1/8 scale Jaguar XKE.

I got it as a Christmas gift when I was a kid... my dad and I built it (ok, mostly my dad!)... great memories and a fantastic kit.

I got one for Christmas too. I wonder what year it might have been? 1963?

Monogram 1970 Boss 429 Mustang (and its variants)

I can't think of a more troublefree build than that one was. The Monogram '70 GTX and Superbird were also completely painless. Great easy builds, but not my very favorite subject matter.

I thought of another one that would make my Top Five: JoHan '69 Road Runner. Loved it as a kid, looking forward to doing at least a couple more of them.

I got one for Christmas too. I wonder what year it might have been? 1963?

It's most likely a '61 or an early '62. Those were the only model years with external bonnet latches, which are molded onto the kit. In any case, it's a Series 1 3.8L car with a flat floor.