Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your fave paint jobs!

philo426

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Brudda said:

Thank you Claude! How’s the design house going? 

Hi Bruce! 

Well, I'm plotting my next 3 or 4 builds: 2 Bonneville cars, scratchbuilt (one Vette and one streamliner), a 70 Eldo station wagon (mashup of kits), and a 70 Challenger KamBack concept. Plus, there's a 72 AMC Hornet ProMod on my bench, but advancing slooooooowly. 

So much styrene, so little time! 

CT

6 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Bruce! 

Well, I'm plotting my next 3 or 4 builds: 2 Bonneville cars, scratchbuilt (one Vette and one streamliner), a 70 Eldo station wagon (mashup of kits), and a 70 Challenger KamBack concept. Plus, there's a 72 AMC Hornet ProMod on my bench, but advancing slooooooowly. 

So much styrene, so little time! 

CT

Cannot wait to see them!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Inspired by Fabrizio's 1/24th scale model of Janis Joplin's Porsche 356C Cabrio, I thought that I would have a go at making a model of it from the Revell 1/16th scale kit.

My model is hand painted using a combination of Artists Acrylics, Revell's own Aqua Colour paints and a set of 0.7 mm tipped Posca Acrylic Paint Pens over a white matt primer. A number of coats of Acrylic Clear Gloss was sprayed on to build up and level off the paint. I had to make and fit some chrome body trims and also scratch build the luggage rack. Dashboard was modified slightly to add another instrument as per the Joplin car. References were multiple pictures downloaded from various internet sites.

My model being in a bigger scale, I thought it would be less of a strain on my eyes, and having finished it I have a much better appreciation of Fabrizio's incredible model painting skills as his model is very much smaller than mine. (And unlike me, he converted his from a coupe kit !!!)

Hope you like the pictures of my particular efforts.

DSCF5684.JPG

DSCF5685.JPG

DSCF5688.JPG

Edited by Bugatti Fan
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Bruce! 

Nice, the color is very distinctive. What is-ti precisely? 

I had an 1982 Renault 5 back then, but the non-turbo 3 cyl variety. Would-you believe 50 (that's FIFTY) miles per gallon on the highway? Was the ideal car during the fuel crunch! 

CT

Hello Claude. It’s a bmw color system toner. Copper they call it. Had it for years and finally used it. When I worked for bmw they replaced the paint every two years. So I brought home the toners and have paint for the rest of my life.,I can make some really cool colors. A benefit for working there at the time. 

1 hour ago, Brudda said:

Hello Claude. It’s a bmw color system toner. Copper they call it. Had it for years and finally used it. When I worked for bmw they replaced the paint every two years. So I brought home the toners and have paint for the rest of my life.,I can make some really cool colors. A benefit for working there at the time. 

Hi Bruce!

Thanks. I also worked wiht House of Kolor toners a few years ago. They were usefull for door jambs and odd sections of body, where the simple accumulation of candy coats posed too much risks of runs...

Great results on your R5!

CT

• Thanks 1