Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Pro-built' from France...

If that guy is considered a pro I'd hate to see what 95% of this forum classifies as. I don't think I've ever seen a build on here with that much orange peel. I haven't even gotten that much orange peel before, and I consider myself mediocre at best. This guy would shoot flaming projectiles if he saw the work of people on this forum.

There's no shortage of delusional people in every field who truly believe their substandard work is exceptional, or "pro" quality.

Almost every day I see something like this  Image result for bubble gum weld

The perpetrators without exception apparently think it looks like this.  Image result for bubble gum weld

I see carp passed off as "professional" and paid for (very often lotsa money) constantly in bodywork, paint work, engine tuning, upholstery and interior work, electrical work, carpentry, illustration, mechanical design...the list is endless.

I don't understand. I probably never will.  B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Hey, the seller is selling cars at a pretty good rate.  Doesn't matter what we think of the build, only takes two bidders to like it.  Or one and a shill,  Either way, the builder is getting pretty reasonable money for the builds.  I look at Paul Hettick's builds and see things I would have corrected had I built it, but he gets big money.  Why all the hatin?

We should be encouraged that there are people in thiis world that would buy our builds if given the chance.  When was the last time any of us saw this Malibu in a kit or builtup that we could buy and display?  Not everyone understands nor has the skills of a model builder.  I get folks all the time tellingme there is no way they could do that.  And there are buyers out there that have the money and want the car.  I would take $25 for about any builtup I got and be happy with it at this point in my life.  

Randy

Hey, the seller is selling cars at a pretty good rate.  Doesn't matter what we think of the build, only takes two bidders to like it.  Or one and a shill,  Either way, the builder is getting pretty reasonable money for the builds.  I look at Paul Hettick's builds and see things I would have corrected had I built it, but he gets big money.  Why all the hatin?

We should be encouraged that there are people in thiis world that would buy our builds if given the chance.  When was the last time any of us saw this Malibu in a kit or builtup that we could buy and display?  Not everyone understands nor has the skills of a model builder.  I get folks all the time tellingme there is no way they could do that.  And there are buyers out there that have the money and want the car.  I would take $25 for about any builtup I got and be happy with it at this point in my life.  

Randy

It has nothing to do with who's buying them or how much money they bring, I just can't stand it when these dopes call the trash they churn out "pro-built".

I think I do fairly good work on my projects, but I would never call them Pro-built.

"Pro" means professional.

If building models is this guys profession, I would be surprised if he wasn't in the bread line.

Just lay off the misleading terms, that's all I ask.

Steve

Or maybe just a pro model seller...

Interesting to look back at feedback. These three cars and suburban plus a rolls model went to the same buyer for an outlay of almost eighteen hundred bucks. Another '69 imp is showing sold earlier to the same bidder for five hundred. That one was listed as 'resin built' and the first one was 'resin pro built'.

mike

74bckmdl.jpg

73mk4mdl.jpg

69impmdl.jpg

74chvsbbnmdl.jpg

Edited by mk11

Or maybe just a pro model seller...

Interesting to look back at feedback. These three cars and suburban plus a rolls model went to the same buyer for an outlay of almost eighteen hundred bucks. Another '69 imp is showing sold earlier to the same bidder for five hundred. That one was listed as 'resin built' and the first one was 'resin pro built'.

mike

74bckmdl.jpg

I can't be the only guy asking this question.....what is this supposed to represent?