Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Advance Preview - Round 2's new AMT Camaro "FIFTY" Full Detail Kit...

tim boyd

Here's a look at the second full-detail kit release based off Round 2's new current generation Camaro kit tool.  

15 new images with accompanying captions show all that is new and different about this releases vs. the 2016 Camaro full detail kit that was introduced a few months back.  Use the "Roll" feature so you can see the information and commentary that accompanies each image.  

Thanks for your interest....TIM DSC 0120

Thanks for another great review, Tim.  Like you, I got spoiled by all of the great annual kits that came out in the 1960s.  Those days are over, but this proves that the model companies are trying to produce kits that people want to buy today.  I hope Round 2 does well with this kit and can continue restoring old tooling as well as producing new kits. 

Another one to add to my Camaro model collection. Thanks Tim

Same here! I like this one a bit better----------nice stripes always get to me! For whatever reason, I just don't see these on the road! Are sales not as good as Chevy expected? I see a lot more Challengers (new) on the road nowadays........certainly more than the new Camaros.  

Same here! I like this one a bit better----------nice stripes always get to me! For whatever reason, I just don't see these on the road! Are sales not as good as Chevy expected? I see a lot more Challengers (new) on the road nowadays........certainly more than the new Camaros.  

Our area seems to like Challengers over Camaros at least 4 to 1, Bill. I drive past a Chevy dealership 5 days a week. The new Camaros languish unsold for months. The same dealer had a used SRT Challenger on the lot for 2 days and it was sold!

Our area seems to like Challengers over Camaros at least 4 to 1, Bill. I drive past a Chevy dealership 5 days a week. The new Camaros languish unsold for months. The same dealer had a used SRT Challenger on the lot for 2 days and it was sold!

Ha! That's the same story as mine! My car showed up at the dealer Christmas Eve '14 (literally that evening) ..........I saw it the day after Christmas and it was mine. B)  The salesman told me the car sold so fast that it was not even in the inventory yet as he originally couldn't find the stock number.

I have literally only seen two of the new Camaros on the road in this area since they were intro'd. One in the parking lot at work (a visitor), and one that happened to pass me on the highway on the way home-------that's it! :huh:

Similar anecdotes here..I have a Chevy dealer (Courtesy Chevrolet) around the corner from me in Phoenix, its about the only place I've seen the 6th gen Camaros...see a lot more Challengers around Phoenix/Scottsdale, then 15+ Mustangs, and 6th gen Camaros a distant 3rd...

Anyway, looking forward to this kit.  

Edited by Rob Hall

Ha! That's the same story as mine! My car showed up at the dealer Christmas Eve '14 (literally that evening) ..........I saw it the day after Christmas and it was mine. B)  The salesman told me the car sold so fast that it was not even in the inventory yet as he originally couldn't find the stock number.

I have literally only seen two of the new Camaros on the road in this area since they were intro'd. One in the parking lot at work (a visitor), and one that happened to pass me on the highway on the way home-------that's it! :huh:

If I were in the market in the one-to-one world for that type of car, I would probably choose a Challenger over a Camaro, even though I am a Chevy guy. The Challenger is a much more comfortable car to drive to me, and it still looks good after all these years.

Now can we get a kit of the Hellcat, or the upcoming Demon? Full detail kit???? Revell? Round2? Mobieus?

P.S.  How about a Full detailed Mustang while you're at it.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

If I were in the market in the one-to-one world for that type of car, I would probably choose a Challenger over a Camaro, even though I am a Chevy guy. The Challenger is a much more comfortable car to drive to me, and it still looks good after all these years.

Now can we get a kit of the Hellcat, or the upcoming Demon? Full detail kit???? Revell? Round2? Mobieus?

At our local auto show last year, I sat in a new Camaro. I didn't like it at all as it felt very claustrophobic inside with the too high beltline and thick A pillars. Too me not much of an improvement if any at all over the last Gen. The Mustang on the other hand while it was fine to see out of, just felt small to me and somewhat cramped. So, I won't be switching cars anytime soon------------I like my Challenger just fine and yes, on long trips it's one of the best things going. ;) 

P.S.  How about a Full detailed Mustang while you're at it.

Amen, Ron...in my opinion it is bordering on a national scandal that there hasn't been a full detail kit of the current Mustang yet - particularly given that it is sold globally now....the Mustang is incredibly popular in overseas markets and one would think that appeal would stretch to a scale replica kit.....TIM   (Well, maybe I overstated that national scandal term a bit, but seriously, what's the deal here???)  TB  

Edited by tim boyd

Amen, Ron...in my opinion it is bordering on a national scandal that there hasn't been a full detail kit of the current Mustang yet - particularly given that it is sold globally now....the Mustang is incredibly popular in overseas markets and one would think that appeal would stretch to a scale replica kit.....TIM   (Well, maybe I overstated that national scandal term a bit, but seriously, what's the deal here???)  TB  

We try our best

;)