Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/25 Custom Lowrider Cadillac Review

hpiguy

Great to see you doing another model car review. I for one appreciate you taking the time to review these kits as it not only helps me decide whether or not to buy the kit but it also helps me become a better builder.  Thanks hpiguy.     Jeff 

I usually buy the kits! 

Gonna grab a couple when Tower Hobbies has them back in stock!

This has been out for awhile now, anyways, for the people looking to get one, it was good that Revell reissued it, the price on Ebay for one of the previous issues were darn near around $100.

It seems to me the, just like the last time this kit was reissued, it sold out quickly and there were no more to be had. I'd buy a few now if you still want some.

It seems to me the, just like the last time this kit was reissued, it sold out quickly and there were no more to be had. I'd buy a few now if you still want some.

I remember that happening the last time I do believe,  I do agree, if you want one, do not wait too long get one.

I normally snatch up kits as soon as they become available but until this review, I wasn't interested in this kit, thinking it was a lowrider only kit. Now that I see it can easily be made into a stock Cadillac (minus the wheels) I want a couple.

I normally snatch up kits as soon as they become available but until this review, I wasn't interested in this kit, thinking it was a lowrider only kit. Now that I see it can easily be made into a stock Cadillac (minus the wheels) I want a couple.

Stock-ish.  It's kinda a mishmosh of years.  It's like a mid-80's Fleetwood Brougham 2-door with an early 90's front end and body cladding.  Pretty common swap in the lowrider scene. 

Edited by Brett Barrow

Stock-ish.  It's kinda a mishmosh of years.  It's like a mid-80's Fleetwood Brougham 2-door with an early 90's front end and body cladding.  Pretty common swap in the lowrider scene. 

Ahhhh, I did not know that.

Great to see you doing another model car review. I for one appreciate you taking the time to review these kits as it not only helps me decide whether or not to buy the kit but it also helps me become a better builder.  Thanks hpiguy.     Jeff 

I usually buy the kits! 

Thanks Louie! I always like the nice comments people have.

Thank you to everyone.

I built one of those when the kit first came out several years ago, and I really liked it. I bought a Donk version of the kit, and promptly got rid of it, because of the hideous interior. I was able to pick up another one before they disappeared.

My Dad's last decent car was a '81 Coupe DeVille, which was a good looking car. I would like to modify one of these into a replica of his car. He would be proud.

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, Casey said:

Looks like this kit might be in line for reissuing soon? I thought it had been OOP for a while now.

RMX-4438 1/25 Cadillac Custom Lowrider (Re-Issue) (MAY)

Yeah last release was 4 years ago, and it seemed like it was on the shelves for about 15 minutes before the limited reissue run sold back out again.

Here is my version, built to a more stock appearance, just for reference.   Wheel covers actually came off the AMT 56 Ford.   But they look stock enough.   I *think* the tires are Satco wide white painted and scraped on the narrow rib.  

IMG_20170917_104212030_HDR.jpg

3 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Who ever thought Cadillac's would sell?

At this point in my life, I try to get every one I can.  I've officially become my grandfather.  lol  All he ever wanted was a Cadiallac.   Managed to get a Cutlass.  

8 hours ago, randyc said:

At this point in my life, I try to get every one I can.  I've officially become my grandfather.  lol  All he ever wanted was a Cadiallac.   Managed to get a Cutlass.  

I love Cadillac's, too bad Jo-Han bit the dust cuz they had a few in their lineup.

• 1 month later...