Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your package went where?

ranma

I sent Vince Nelson a few thing's that I traded to him Via  USPS priority mail on Friday all went well till yesterday when it went from Warrendale Pa, past Puxsutaney Pa 429 miles North east  to Springfield Ma. The shippment should not have even left the state of Pa. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A TALE TO TELL About USPS Screw up's?

I sent a parcel from scotland to the us, and it sat for 6 weeks in chicago, then bounced through a few other places for 2 weeks, to new york to sit for a week before finally ending up in texas where it should have been. It only took 3 days to get to the us though

I usually follow the USPS tracking info when I'm expecting something in the mail, and I've seen some pretty bizarre routings. Following the tracking info can be helpful when dealing with the PO employees when a package goes MIA (which doesn't happen often, but HAS happened twice so far, and both times the item was found and sent on its way again).

I find it amusing when my package arrives at the sorting station in my city, then travels 10 or 15 miles away to get sorted again, then to somewhere in another town before it ends up in my mail lady's truck. I could drive to the sorting station in 5 minutes. 

Slightly off topic, I signed up for USPS Informed Delivery. Woo hoo, I get to see pictures of my mail before it arrives! My town, and the surrounding ones have huge mail theft issues. We have community mailboxes and more than a few have had the backs ripped off and the mail stolen. One a few hundred yards from my place has had this happen twice in the last 6 months.

I live in the most rural county East of the Mississippi. So I order and track LOTS of items. 

My favorite:

Package leaves Chicago, Ill, Columbus Ohio, Charleston WV. I figure my house next as I am close to Charleston.....NO....package goes to Greensboro NC, then Charlotte  NC. Where now??? Greensboro!!! It gets worse as back to Charleston WV........finally to me. If this was the only one.....a bad day for a postal worker.....but I see this ALL THE TIME!! When I complained on a forum I was told by a USPS person it was 'logistics'  working as designed....he knows as that's his job!!!! The Emperor has no clothes!!! 

I sent Vince Nelson a few thing's that I traded to him Via  USPS priority mail on Friday all went well till yesterday when it went from Warrendale Pa, past Puxsutaney Pa 429 miles North east  to Springfield Ma. The shippment should not have even left the state of Pa. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A TALE TO TELL About USPS Screw up's?

Out bound and inbound pakages to Vince in Pa always take the same amount of time to me in the west suburbs of Chicago..2 to 3 days Priority mail, now Missouri to me in Illinois always goes thru St.Louis at least 2 times then back south before it arrives by me, sometimes 6 or 7 days priority mail.

Out bound and inbound pakages to Vince in Pa always take the same amount of time to me in the west suburbs of Chicago..2 to 3 days Priority mail, now Missouri to me in Illinois always goes thru St.Louis at least 2 times then back south before it arrives by me, sometimes 6 or 7 days priority mail.

Not long ago I was doing a lot of ebay selling.....Charleston takes 3 days to travel two counties over but SoCal, 3000 miles, takes 2 days.....Gov't at work!! 

The package I sent to Vince was supposed to get to him Today, But I just checked and all the tracking say's it's in transit to it's destination. Hopefully he'll get it tomorrow and in good condition!

I bought a sheet of decals back in February of 2012,They got lost in the mails and my money was refunded. Well they showed up in my mail box in December of 2016. It took the USPS and Canada Post 4 years, 10 months and 45 days to get my decals to my door. Beat that one.

Yea Rick I hope your right usually goes right from warrendale to punxsy the next day?

vince

Vince, Funny thing is I mailed a total of 4 packages, March 31 st. and all but yours made it on Monday! One package to J.T,Williams, One package to Mark Orr, Both are memebers of the forum, One package to Amelia , Ohio,and your package Vince. And as of 5:04 a.m.  april 4 th yours is still in transit to it's destination. 

year ago or so, I sent two big rig kits to another member here on the forum, got in a hurry and mailed them without insurance [had someone at work mail them for me]. well, when the guy got the package, it had been repackaged by USPS with a note saying original package was damaged. so, he opens it up, and it looked like the sampsonite gorillas got ahold of it, lol. needless to say about 1/2 of one kit was missing from the carnage. i did send another kit to make up for it, and sent it insured, as I have done on every other package since.

I ordered three models from Hong Kong. They took 4 days to go from Hong Kong to New York (which is incredibly fast), and then they sat in customs for 4 more days

They were on the way to Florida....which took another 3 weeks. I called to complain, and they were "found" and showed up the next day!

A couple times I've had items from Tucson, AZ get routed through places in the LA area before being delivered to Phoenix via USPS.   Another foul up I've had occur multiple times w/ the USPS and UPS is mail and packages left at another house that has two digits transposed from mine (like 5365 instead of 5635) on the same street..

Nobody mentions the millions of pieces of mail that made it to it's destination in a very efficient manner!

My mail from here, in the suburbs to the west of Philadelphia, goes to the sorting center in either Trenton, NJ  or Wilmington, DE.  Either of them is an hour from my house in a different direction.   It is 1000% more efficient the way USPS sorts and moves the mail.  If indeed anyone wants to know how it works, I can respond with an explanation.  Otherwise, if this is just a rock throwing exercise, carry on!

I had a screwed up experience with my neighbor.  A package from the local VA, of which contained my n medicine, was delivered to my next door neighbor by mistake.  Well that is no so bad in itself except instead of knocking on the door, or even leaving the package in the car port, my good neighbor kept it for 5 days and called the police and had them deliver it to me.  I mean just next door and he could not let me know.  Well needless to say, I no longer talk to my him.