Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

2 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Yup, I've looked @ pics of your Galaxie before & it's pretty cool.

But just like if it was a Canadian or Australian kit, the box art would need to specify that.

In the end, that would be the best anyway.

There were a lot of really cool American cars produced in other countries that a lot of us would love to see.

I'll take a dozen of this Canadian car! :D

Steve

Steve, have you ever watched the guys at Coldwarmotors on YouTube? 

One of my favorite channels.

https://www.youtube.com/user/coldwarmotors

21 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Since it's Brazilian, maybe this would be more likely? :)

5a2f3cf1d4b64_74galaxie.jpg.196816db32b41deb960486e644a64a42.jpg

Good catch!!

Unfortunatelly, Kikoler is no longer in business. 

Revell later associated with toy company Estrela, and released a couple of kits in the '90s. 

That was short lived, as they didn't sell in the numbers Estrela was hoping for. Quality was great tough. 

Kits 002.JPG

1 hour ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Some Canadian Ford products would be nice to see, for that matter, and Canadian Monarch and Meteor trim pieces were popular with the early custom crowd.  AMT's '57 Ford already comes with a Meteor grille.  How much effort would it take to include the pieces to take it the rest of the way?

9629654244_5562dda418_b.jpg

You wouldn't need much more than a good PE set for that.

Steve

9 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

There were a lot of really cool American cars produced in other countries that a lot of us would love to see.

Some even came with the steering wheel at the correct side.

063012600_1213106248.jpg

Edited by Junkman

On 12/9/2017 at 5:31 PM, Old Nasty said:

1969_detomaso_mangusta_01_m.jpg.04882e6ad64bed23029a3322026fabdd.jpg

Thank you.  Little known fact, the Mangusta was the only car specifically exempted in the California Vehicle Code from the minimum height requirement of headlamps .  Every other car has to be a minimum of 24 inches above the ground.  The only way the Mangusta could do that would be to "donk" it.  de Tomaso could have stopped there and looked back at a fulfilled life.

Edited by The Junkman

3 hours ago, Junkman said:

Some even came with the steering wheel at the correct side.

063012600_1213106248.jpg

image.thumb.png.580d957847a69fdfb038e0194a29a154.png

I think Chrysler really missed an opportunity not doing a Chrysler 300 wagon for the USA.  It's simply a Dodge Magnum wagon with a 300 nose on it.  It's a popular conversion, here's one I photographed in New Jersey. Much more elegant than a Magnum.  I suppose that Chrysler was trying to even out the dealers by giving Dodge the wagon.

I used to work for a British company and one of my coworkers in Basingstoke had one of these.  Rode in it a few times.

In the USA a group of us going to the GSL show in Salt Lake City wound up with a Dodge Magnum as our rental car. We filled up the back with all of our luggage up to the roof line and cursed the car as having no trunk.  Later on I discovered that there actually was a trunk under the station wagon floor!  

I drive past that 300 wagon every day on my way to work. If a For Sale sign shows up on it, I will at least inquire!

23 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Some Canadian Ford products would be nice to see, for that matter, and Canadian Monarch and Meteor trim pieces were popular with the early custom crowd.  AMT's '57 Ford already comes with a Meteor grille.  How much effort would it take to include the pieces to take it the rest of the way?

9629654244_5562dda418_b.jpg

In some cases I think the Canadian versions of American cars actually look better. "some"

Dennis

Mangusta's are dead sexy,  and I'd pick a kit of one of those over most of what's been suggested.

AMT's '57 Ford kit is missing the corner pieces of the Meteor grille. and the side trim is different, but yes,a fret of photoetch would cover most of the differences.

The '49 and '50  Meteors are basically the same year Fords with a Mercury style grille'

3724092452_25c32054e5.jpg

A few customizers have tried to emulate that look on their custom Fords.

CCC-dave-peters-49-valley-custom-revs-05

So, it say Round 2 were to add some custom bits to their '50 Ford kits, they could do a whole lot worse than to include an option for a '50 Meteor.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:34 PM, MrObsessive said:

Speaking of razor sharp lines..........I was crazy about this one too when these were new!

lincoln_continental_mark_v_2.thumb.jpg.c378febc0593f20b3ceedc4afd872e55.jpg

Not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but when's the last time you've seen one on the road?? I liked this sooooo much better than the previous Mark IV.........despite its size (and huge overhangs) I think this is an awfully handsome car!

This one IS going to happen and soon, but it will be a resin cast 1:24 from Automodello. Not a model kit, of course, but you would have the option to tear one apart and detail the snot out of it.

8 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

This one IS going to happen and soon, but it will be a resin cast 1:24 from Automodello. Not a model kit, of course, but you would have the option to tear one apart and detail the snot out of it.

And it will cost only* 300 quid.
Nah, man. I want a plastic kit.

9 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

And you can also build a second one out of the box it comes in. :lol:

17 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

Hmmmm......depends how much it will be! I’m not too keen on breaking up resin builtups lest something disastrous happen to ‘em. ?

Thanks for the heads up though.......I’ll certainly give it a look when it shows up! ?