Model Cars Magazine Forum

Re-engineering Monograms Lotus Esprit...new update!

Dann Tier

On 12/28/2019 at 12:38 AM, Dann Tier said:

-Photo 6-8; The whole turbo-exhaust set up is coming along! To repair the marks in the solder made by the looping pliers, i added a drop of CA glue to the spots...after sanding, you wont be able to tell anymore.

-Photo 9&10; Everything is fitting Perfectly!!

DSCF9233.JPG

DSCF9236.JPG

I have to say, that turbo set up is pretty amazing and look really good. Are you working from any images specifically or just going off the top of your head? What did you use to make the round parts of it? 

No where near considering this level of scratch building but it would be great info to have. Thanks for sharing. 

6 hours ago, VanSpence said:

I have to say, that turbo set up is pretty amazing and look really good. Are you working from any images specifically or just going off the top of your head? What did you use to make the round parts of it? 

No where near considering this level of scratch building but it would be great info to have. Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks, Spence!, I do work from reference photos. The round parts are shaped from flat styrene. Very soon, i plan on showing how...step by step.

8 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Spence!, I do work from reference photos. The round parts are shaped from flat styrene. Very soon, i plan on showing how...step by step.

That is awesome you will be doing a step by step. I will look forward to that. Appreciate the efforts. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Boy you are hard to keep up with

Loving the engine swap, you had me at Ferrari, no need to explain further?

Turbos are sweet. Is that aluminum tubing you bent for them or painted styrene??

Either way wonderful work

LOL....hard keeping up with myself sometimes! That silver tubing is silver solder....its easier for tight bends, and slight manipulations. Thanks for stopping in, Bud!!, i will be back to this one pretty soon. There has been ALOT of kits/parts that i've been trying get painted, so that i only have to klean the model room once, then i have ALOT of things to assemble....an assault of updates coming!!   LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, everyone!, time for an update here as well. I decided to take a break from the engine, and finish the body. Since i dont need to have the body for engine fitment anymore, i can now paint it, and install the finished interior, and windows even!! As soon as i finish the last couple of things on the Miura body, i will paint this, and my Fujimi Pantera bodies with it.

-Photo 1; I tried to sharpen up the door handels because after the painting process they would look fake, but it didnt work, so i made my own out of thin sheet styrene -now i'm happy.

-Photo 2&3; Like all the Ferrari F-40 kits, this one suffers from not having the body flow seamlessly into the sail panel vents. I cut the appropriate bits from the interior tub piece, and spliced them in to fix the issue.

-Photo 4; After filling in the little corner gaps of the rockers with styrene, all the body bits are ready for the painting process!

DSCF9495.JPG

DSCF9496.JPG

DSCF9497.JPG

DSCF9478.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, everyone!, i finally have kolor on this bad boy!, next step is decals, and clear coat. I will continue finishing off the body, so that i can perminantly install the interior which as you know, has been done for quite some time. It is not needed for engine fitment anymore. Even the door handles i made turned out way better than the molded in ones.

DSCF9567.JPG