Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 312P coupe

Rich Chernosky

My first resin in a while. This is a Paul Fisher  Ferrari 312P coupe. Paint is Tamiya TS49 Bright red. Some extra features include steering wheels (my pet peeve) seatblets, and some extra photo etch.  Build was pretty straight forward but with all resin kits it is the time spent preparing parts. Body in particular. Not my first trip with a Fisher kit as you can see I have it also as a 312P spyder.  They make a nice dispaly in my Ferrari section. Thanks for looking. 

DSC06547.JPG

DSC06548.JPG

DSC06551.JPG

DSC06550.JPG

Very nice and clean builds of kits I have heard are not very friendly.

I just don't understand why did you paint them in that color, which wasn't even invented until three decades after the cars stopped racing. 

On 7/2/2019 at 7:51 PM, mrm said:

Very nice and clean builds of kits I have heard are not very friendly.

I just don't understand why did you paint them in that color, which wasn't even invented until three decades after the cars stopped racing. 

The  color was a personal choice. I had no intention of making this a "scale replica"  Its a model car and just has to look good to the eye. It also had to match the other cars in my collection, in particular the 312 spyder.  I have had great results with Tamiya TS49 so I stuck with that.  Hope you understand better. 

On 7/4/2019 at 6:42 AM, Rich Chernosky said:

The  color was a personal choice. I had no intention of making this a "scale replica"  Its a model car and just has to look good to the eye. It also had to match the other cars in my collection, in particular the 312 spyder.  I have had great results with Tamiya TS49 so I stuck with that.  Hope you understand better. 

I totally get it. 

My comment wasn't meant as criticism, but rather just curiosity. To me , personally the classic blood red Ferrari red looks better and more in age with the subject you chose to build. That color - TS 49, matches the exact color used by the Scuderia after 1997. It was created simply for TV. IMHO there is no substitution for the classic Ferrari Red. 

7 hours ago, mrm said:

I totally get it. 

My comment wasn't meant as criticism, but rather just curiosity. To me , personally the classic blood red Ferrari red looks better and more in age with the subject you chose to build. That color - TS 49, matches the exact color used by the Scuderia after 1997. It was created simply for TV. IMHO there is no substitution for the classic Ferrari Red. 

Michael now you have my curiosity going.  What paint brand and reference number do you like for Ferrari red.  I also realize the colors probably changed over the years but I am interested in the '50s through the early '70s.  My color sense is not very good and I have several Ferraris waiting in the stash.