Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Block Chevy Cross Ram

Lorne

10 hours ago, Lorne said:

Hey djflyer

The engine is from Shapeways 3D Model Specialties 1/25 scale, and the linkage is assorted rods, nuts and bolts from R&B motion, the photoetch is from Detail masters.

Correct me if I am wrong.  I have a lot of ROn's excellent parts, but don't recollect or see the BBC Cross Ram in his catalog.  I do see in TDR Innovations.  Could the manifold be theirs?

Exotics_Builder!

Your right, it is TDR innovations! Thank you I could not remember the name, I thought of Shapeways, could not remember TDR innovations. Great, great stuff!

Thanks again, I will book mark that going forward!!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Lorne said:

MRM, the quality of this stuff is the best of the best in my opinion, well worth the price!!

Thank you. I really want a V12 LS3 engine with a similar intake to yours that he offers, but it’s only in 1:24. No 1:25.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man!! finding time at the bench has been a challenge. Started the ignition wires in firing order of course. I have two sets of headers for the big block. One set, the spark plug boots fit nice, the other headers will require "a little modification" so will see which ones fit the best under the 37 Ford Coupe. Guess the Coupe will get the big block!!

big block spark.jpg

coupe.jpg