Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 “Eleanor”

adamelvis

On 11/3/2021 at 3:55 PM, Zippi said:

This is a really sharp looking build.  love all the detail work.  What is the pulley belt on the engine made of?

The pulley & belt assembly is from MCG (MCG-202). The belt is a thin strip of black rubber. 
Other pulleys set options would be from Parts by Park (9010) and Mr. Model (MM1019).

Adam

• 1 month later...

Trunk Hinges.. ????   This has been very challenging.  I have gone through 4 different variations on custom hinges for this car.  The trunk lid is not flat and is shaped to the back contours of the 67' Mustang.  Finally figured on a mount that allows you to slide it out and then flip it up.  Have to get this thing working so I could display all the work and details that will be inside.

Adam

• 4 months later...

Hello Guys,

Sorry its been a while since I posted on this build.  I have been working on this project for 2 1/2 years on and off.  It started to get to me after a while and was turning into work, rather than a hobby. It didn't seem like I was making any progress. SO, I figured I would take a break from Eleanor and start my Fast & Furious Paul Walker Tribute Project (3).  First build would be the Mitsubishi Eclipse and I thought I could just bang this one out and say that I finally completed something..!!   But, I have OCD and the need to add more detail to my builds, LOL.  Well.... Six Months Later and this build is about 70% completed. Just need to paint the body, complete the engine details and do final assembly. You can check it out  at my other topic under "Brian's 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse from (The Fast and the Furious)"

As for the Eleanor ......  I'm still working on her. LOL  !!   Stay tuned for updates and new photos.

TCB,

Adam

• 6 months later...
On 5/3/2022 at 7:31 PM, adamelvis said:

Hello Guys,

Sorry its been a while since I posted on this build.  I have been working on this project for 2 1/2 years on and off.  It started to get to me after a while and was turning into work, rather than a hobby. It didn't seem like I was making any progress. SO, I figured I would take a break from Eleanor and start my Fast & Furious Paul Walker Tribute Project (3).  First build would be the Mitsubishi Eclipse and I thought I could just bang this one out and say that I finally completed something..!!   But, I have OCD and the need to add more detail to my builds, LOL.  Well.... Six Months Later and this build is about 70% completed. Just need to paint the body, complete the engine details and do final assembly. You can check it out  at my other topic under "Brian's 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse from (The Fast and the Furious)"

As for the Eleanor ......  I'm still working on her. LOL  !!   Stay tuned for updates and new photos.

TCB,

Adam

Hope to see yours finished soon.  I did not go crazy with my conversion kit and went a different route on color from the Foose build.  I have seen a lot of clones in many other colors besides the metallic gray.  I painted a very light coat of color shift paint over Ford blue.

9343DFFA-8AE3-4A0D-8E6E-5BC204CDD371.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

D79C2C27-05A5-4C08-8A19-6D536990C441.thumb.jpeg.64fbd7724d23bfab1d14dc985b0a5fad.jpeg
Finally a colour other than Primer .. LOL! 
This is the first base coat of the “Eleanor Metallic Black”, which will be the colour of the stripes. Need to sand out a few dust particles and will spray another coat. 

Then I will lay down my stripes with tape.

TCB. Adam

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...