Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 “Eleanor”

adamelvis

ACB90064-9803-4B0E-9662-F303F1A91FD9.jpeg.56985e85f5a3ceb459c65606c35050e8.jpeg

Hurst Shifters from DM. And my “Go Baby Go” shifter knob. 

B3B9430E-8590-4C8D-AAB9-7298CFB22CC7.jpeg
Fuel Cell and NOS bottle. Opened up the trunk on this Eleanor, so I have to show all the goodies inside. I also made a custom aluminum battery box.

2341EB8C-CCE6-478E-86DF-2A10BE01C51E.jpeg

This DM fire extinguisher was a multiple piece set. Lots of work, but the end result is this highly detailed bottle. WOW.

Also, made this Nitrous switch and Armed lightbulb piece. 

TCB, Adam

Edited by adamelvis
Added description
  • Like 2

This is coming along VERY nicely Adam. Beautiful looking build, with fantastic details. I have a fairly large order from Scale Production arriving in about 10 days, good to hear and see, that they are in fact a nice product. 
On a side note, will you be at the Vancouver show tomorrow? If so, let’s try and say hello in person.

Cheers, Steve

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 4:24 PM, Steve H said:

This is coming along VERY nicely Adam. Beautiful looking build, with fantastic details. I have a fairly large order from Scale Production arriving in about 10 days, good to hear and see, that they are in fact a nice product. 
On a side note, will you be at the Vancouver show tomorrow? If so, let’s try and say hello in person.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry I missed this post. Yes, I was at the show. Unfortunately, I did not finish my Eleanor in time. However, I did bring my Fall Guy Truck and the green Mitsubishi Eclipse from Fast & Furious.  What builds did you bring ? 

Adam

6 minutes ago, adamelvis said:

Hi Steve,

Sorry I missed this post. Yes, I was at the show. Unfortunately, I did not finish my Eleanor in time. However, I did bring my Fall Guy Truck and the green Mitsubishi Eclipse from Fast & Furious.  What builds did you bring ? 

Adam

Wait a Minute,  I remember, your amazing 70 1/2' Pro Touring Camaro in matte red.  I followed that build on here !  Lots of work went into that one and it is one of my favorites, that and the engine in your matte red 40' Ford P/U.   Yes, we should have chatted.   Lets do that at the IPMS show in Oct here in Van.  Best Regards, Adam. 

8 hours ago, adamelvis said:

Wait a Minute,  I remember, your amazing 70 1/2' Pro Touring Camaro in matte red.  I followed that build on here !  Lots of work went into that one and it is one of my favorites, that and the engine in your matte red 40' Ford P/U.   Yes, we should have chatted.   Lets do that at the IPMS show in Oct here in Van.  Best Regards, Adam. 

Hi Adam, sorry I missed you. The fall guy truck was very impressive!  I took six builds over, that was a good and very well attended show. My wallet was a little thinner on the way home as the vendors had some some good stuff…

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamelvis said:

E7D2FEDA-478A-48F6-A883-7E9AEA296E14.thumb.jpeg.14bcbf3eed440633d170beadb8923637.jpeg

Wet sanding with 2000, 4000, 6000 & 10000 done. Finished with Gravity Colors Three Stage polishing system. 
You can see the Shelby reflection from the AMT model kit box. LOL.

TCB, 

Adam

Looks great!  Are the polishing pads/cloths you used Gravity Colors ones too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...