Model Cars Magazine Forum

Citroen 2CV Camping Combo "Weekender"

Reuhkapelti2

This one is made of Revell Citroen 2CV Charleston 1:24 kit and Evergreen plastic. The camper is all scratch built, also the wheels are modified from some US chrome wheels to look like Citroen steelies. 

Citroen is 12mm shortened, made 2 doors, opened trunk with the tray, where the cardboard suitcase can travel safely. Twin windshield and two lockers to store camping gear. The camper should have some blanckets inside or atleast painted dark, now it's kinda plain white and empty. I'll have to figure that later, now I want to lay this aside. 

Brush painted Humbrol matte 109, the interior paint tone is mixed from two red and a drop of brown paint. 

Thanks for looking, feel free to comment. 

IMG_20191219_150406.jpg

IMG_20191219_150333.jpg

IMG_20191219_150535.jpg

IMG_20191219_150459.jpg

IMG_20191219_153353.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

2 hours ago, misterNNL said:

you might consider adding some safety chains for that hitch assembly.

Yeah that is true. On the other hand there might be a safety pin to keep that hitch together. I quess the camper will neither be unhooked during the leisure weekend at all, since there are no "legs" to keep it level in the camping site. But ofcourse there could be some sort of chains just to make things sure and safe. 

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

On 12/20/2019 at 6:44 PM, Dann Tier said:

FREAKING SWEEET!!!.....great SB!!!, and that roof rack added a TON of visual interest!...Outstanding job, Bud!!!   -whats next?!

I quess finishing De Tomaso is next (done!) and a friend asked if I have any Novas done? Nope... 

On 12/21/2019 at 7:07 PM, heyjohnxx said:

I like the rack on the trailer. It looks like it would hold everything, including a kitchen sink.

And that gave me an idea. Not a kitchen sink but something floating of a kind. A kayak for him and her! Scratch built ofcourse.

And thanks for the comments everyone. 

IMG_20191223_145942.jpg

Great build and btw if you have time you should read the book The Tin Snail.  It is a late teen book but makes good reading.  It is a novel about the Citroen plans being hidden from the Nazis in France.  It is a novel but with some historical fiction.  Good read.