Model Cars Magazine Forum

New From Round2/AMT 2020

stavanzer

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Those wheel covers were very common on '71s... Mach 1s often had them.  

And in the movie stills, the Mach 1 lettering is visible on the side:

au051-ford-mustang-mach-1-636-2.jpg

Note the white wall tires.  Was supposed to be a rental car in the movie IIRC.

I'd assume, though, the kit will be the same old, same old MPC '73 w/ a '71-ish grille...maybe now w/ Mach 1 decals instead of Boss 351 decals.

If it includes a figure of either Jill St. John or Lana Wood, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll pass. :lol:

On 4/3/2020 at 9:33 AM, Casey said:

AMT 1187 --  1/25 James Bond 1971 Ford Mustang Mach I Car

Polar Lights PLLMKA45 -- 1/25 Rat Fink Decal Pack

Two there that I'd be very interested in. I hope they do the Mustang right. I was very displeased with the tact Ertl took with the their '71 Boss 351. Using Keith Mark's decals, I converted my Ertl Boss kit into the Bond Mach 1. But, that front bumper in particular just does not work. I'm hopeful that Round 2 will get things right, and give us a proper '71 Mach 1 for Bond to drive. 

And a Rat Fink Decal Pack. I for one will be buying two. One to use. And one just to have. I got to meet Big Daddy a couple of times, late in his life. What a nice guy. Sorely missed. Such a corrupting, in a good way, influence on me in my youth. Years before I ever got to meet him.

By the way, when I introduced Rat Fink to kids nowadays, I tell them that the drawings of Rat Fink, are pictures of my twin brother. Proof? Rat Fink has a big round belly, and flys hanging around him. Just like me! And I can for sure prove it if I take off my shoes and socks. My big toe will stick up in that odd way! The last ones a lie. But, it's fun to joke around with the kids at work. Man I miss them. ??

Edited by unclescott58

On 4/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, Snake45 said:

I'm not a '27 Ford fan, but I might have to buy one just for the Frontenac engine, which I can see going into an interesting project of some kind....

I've got a previous, Ertl reissue that I'm looking for glass for. Other than the missing windshield the kit is done! 

On 4/3/2020 at 2:18 PM, Dave Van said:

1971 Mustang front bumper is needed along with grille....but looking at the movie stills is it even a MACH1??  Dog dish caps, no stripes....dual scoop hood....but no MACH1 emblems.....

Are you sure about the lack of the Mach 1 emblems? I know the movie car did not have the popular, but optional, commonly seen side striping package. (Mach 1s only came with black or argent paint on the lower parts of the body, standard.) But, I though for sure it had the correct Mach 1 name decals on the front fenders, and the correct decklid stripe with the Mach 1 name on the back. 

On 4/5/2020 at 11:47 AM, unclescott58 said:

I've got a previous, Ertl reissue that I'm looking for glass for. Other than the missing windshield the kit is done! 

The glass is flat in a 27 Ford, it is not that hard to make flat windshields from clear plastic. 

14 minutes ago, highway said:

The glass is flat in a 27 Ford, it is not that hard to make flat windshields from clear plastic. 

I know. I've heard it a hundred times now. For me that's not the point. In fact I will probably buy the upcoming T kit just for that glass. 

Thank you for trying to be helpful. 

1 hour ago, mredjr said:

You know they are scraping the bottom of the barrel with the Rabbit. Can we get a Coca Cola version?

Easy now, some of us really like those cars and that kit.  

Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll reissue a '57 Chevy again soon. ?

On 4/5/2020 at 11:43 AM, stitchdup said:

Looking forward to the rabbit, i keep missing them when i bid and i need one to use my teddy bears on

Teddy bear wheels? Where did you find those??? I have a Revell Golf Cabrio which I keep picturing as a triple white with Ronal Bears all around.

Wish the new releases were more exciting, nothing that I don’t already have in the collection (esp. the ‘71 Mustang; someone please tool a new one and bury the old tooling).

10 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

The MPC [ 1971 Mustang Sportroof  ]  kit was the only one you could build stock. 

Isn't that the one with a "complement" of 1971-1973 parts mixed-up ? I'm not familiar with the various cosmetic changes between those years , so I can't chime-in in-regard to that .