Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 1962 Ford done . My first car

cobraman

Resin parts mixed with plastic kit parts . Not sure who made the resin parts but they were pretty nice . Mixed with several parts from the AMT 60 Ford kit . Gave me some figment issues but kind of happy with the results . Is a sort of replica of the first car I owned but mine was a 4 door . There are other differences but the color and wheels and tires are correct as is the interior color . Close enough for me . Not my best work but I guess it could have been worse . I need to find the oil filler neck that is hiding at the moment . 

878CD058-E6AB-4729-B01F-310BBBA623DA.jpeg

2EC8F3CB-26D4-43CE-B5BE-9F7EAD572256.jpeg

6640A33D-0BCC-416F-860D-E5E919D130C7.jpeg

26EA72CA-95FD-4528-A354-02FC8BA09AB1.jpeg

CD7778BE-2CA2-40C2-869C-5AC1C112D966.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Came out fantastic Ray. After the little problem with the seat, it was worth it. I like how you removed the paint from the valve cover lettering.
I loose many of those filters myself. By the time you sand the mold lines off it, and get the cap to look right, I just make my own anymore. 

That looks great and I see plenty of stealable ideas!  Brings back memories, I spent much of my childhood in a '62 Galaxie 500. Also a 4-door, Wimbledon White with that spiffy red-and-white interior that looked sort of like tuck-and-roll.  My best friend's family had the same car in tan.  Like yourself, I've been trying to find a resin 4-door body for years.  I have a resin 2-door hardtop and occasionally think about converting it.