Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Accomplish Today? (Model Car Work)

42 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

Painted the '41 Plymouth today, along with getting it cleared.......

SDC10954.JPG.a7a455b99d7fe57e51ac90e486833f05.JPG

SDC10957.JPG.48c67fb33da6f5d1ce70214864d86f58.JPG

Man there's a lot of those on the forum right now. I like the color of the silver on that body, looks sleek.

• Thanks 1

Scanned the AMT 76 Caprice and did a Brougham gangster window conversion, was going full top but decided on keeping it a Landau, i designed 9 different versions of side fillers and 4 rear fillers so there will be a lot of different combos coming

432886138_426177179779627_2393352978456552130_n.jpg

• Like 2

I wired my first engine with actuall wire yesterday. It was the S&M 71 cuda hemi. The daunting thing was that the car has 2 distributors, but that was no problem since I just took it 1 distributor at a time. I also did fuel lines and carb linkage. It really wasn't that bad and I am really happy with the results! Yes the real car looks like a hairball with that tangle of wires to.

20240321_205638.thumb.jpg.0baec8a5a863dd5ac56cd4f58fcb7be4.jpg

• Like 3

I painted a Revell 71 Boss 351 body a little bit ago. This will be a box stock build. The color is Tamiya TS-20 metallic green,which looks a little like Grabber Green metallic. Close enough for me anyways😁

IMG_3111.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m I’m on a real T-bucket kick lately but I don’t really want to keep buying kits to get the bodies when I’m scratchbuilding and kitbashing about everything BUT the body…so I just printed a batch…

IMG_9550.thumb.jpeg.2f1b601c26f8f5a2197e776f6e75781f.jpeg

I know the door lines should go out, not in, but stock Ts don’t have V8s and crazy paintjobs either so I can live with it…

IMG_9561.thumb.jpeg.f01a2aab210df468c09aeda962654f29.jpeg

On my way to completing a 2-barrel Rochester carb for my '64 Lemans project.

Just added a little detail to a center carb from the Revell '66 GTO kit.

Not perfect, but with some detail painting and a little weathering, it should do pretty well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Steve

• Like 1

Fired up the airbrush and painted a few small parts today.   First time in around ten years!   Man I'm out of practice.  

Also,  not sure about this new airbrush I picked up.   It's probably my technique,  but it seemed like it used way more paint than I remember.  Felt like it was spraying full throttle or not at all.   I'll keep practicing,  but I might switch back to my old airbrush. 

On 3/30/2024 at 7:44 PM, atomicholiday said:

Fired up the airbrush and painted a few small parts today.   First time in around ten years!   Man I'm out of practice.  

Also,  not sure about this new airbrush I picked up.   It's probably my technique,  but it seemed like it used way more paint than I remember.  Felt like it was spraying full throttle or not at all.   I'll keep practicing,  but I might switch back to my old airbrush. 

What are the airbrushes?

51 minutes ago, Bainford said:

What are the airbrushes?

The new one is an Avanti I picked up cheap at Harbor Freight.  

My old airbrush is a Testors Aztek A480.  I did some more experimenting yesterday.  I think it’s mainly just me getting used to the difference between the two.  Operator error.

33 minutes ago, atomicholiday said:

The new one is an Avanti I picked up cheap at Harbor Freight.  

My old airbrush is a Testors Aztek A480.  I did some more experimenting yesterday.  I think it’s mainly just me getting used to the difference between the two.  Operator error.

Yes, lots of variables when getting into airbrushing, the operator being the most variable of all.

• Like 1