Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dave and Edie Cox`s : High Country "Thunder Van" On the Workbench 4/12/20

On 5/19/2020 at 5:54 PM, John Teresi said:

Hello.......Jimmy ,Chris, Kurt  and Curt Raitz......thank you for the kind comments I really do appreciate them........I got the rest of the plumbing done on the engine....I added the battery and the electric motor to raise the body......and I lightly weathered the engine......I will start to prep the body for paint next.....thanks for looking.

DSCF0923_zps7l53gaz1.jpg

DSCF0921_zpslee0nxp9.jpg

DSCF0918_zpsr8qgaiur.jpg

DSCF0917_zpsebekbnid.jpg

DSCF0915_zpspoyl1kgp.jpg

John, awesome work as usual. Is this engine from the Anikin Skywalker kit I sent you? If it is I'm glad I was able to contribute to such an incredible build. If it's not, I'm sure the model you do use it on will be just as impressive.
Regards,
Jimmy

Edited by Jimmy Wilson
edit text

Hello.....thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them?.......

Jimmy...yes, this is the Star Wars Jet Engine you sent me......it was very useful.....thank you so much.

I got the bodywork all finished .....with PPG Epoxy primer ......I put a H.O.K. White Base coat.....then I used Scale Finishes Chrome Yellow......then I airbrushed all the graphic colors on the sides of the Van.......then I added Steve A. decals.....thank you Steve A. for the Great Decals and the help of researching this Van.....I couldn't have done it without your help.....Steve A. your Decals were a dream to work with ....thanks again..

I also added some Archer Transfer Louver Decals on the back of the Van

I need to sand the body smooth and add one more Clear Coat.......thanks for looking

DSCF0927_zpsu6w3twky.jpg

DSCF0926_zpswdwktdce.jpg

DSCF0926_zpsalqesc0b.jpg

DSCF0932_zpsdadkl8ge.jpg

DSCF0929_zpsbzunfadm.jpg

Edited by John Teresi