Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Models has bought another lot of tooling/molds.....

I might have to get one of these. My family was in the grove equipment business, one of our customers had one of these that he drug out of some barn in the area. You don't realize how well built those trucks were until you look at one up close in person. 

I'd paint it like his just for the nostalgia factor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RSchnell said:

I might have to get one of these. My family was in the grove equipment business, one of our customers had one of these that he drug out of some barn in the area. You don't realize how well built those trucks were until you look at one up close in person. 

I'd paint it like his just for the nostalgia factor.

I’ve got their other Mack truck (the log hauler, compete with HUGE styrene logs), but I’m sure I’ll end up with this one too…

13 minutes ago, sfhess said:

The last few product announcement emails from Atlantis say that Joann's will start selling Atlantis kits in September.

Wife drags me there all the time.....I'll check it out. They have 50% off coupons all the time if your on their mailing list. A few Atlantis kits I'd get @ 50% off.

4 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Wife drags me there all the time.....I'll check it out. They have 50% off coupons all the time if your on their mailing list. A few Atlantis kits I'd get @ 50% off.

That’s a good tip - thanks Dave!  I’ve never stepped foot inside one, but there is one nearby to us…will be worth a visit if they have a decent selection of Atlantis stuff…

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Do they sell models by other manufacturers? 

It's been spotty of late. My wife goes to JoAnn every chance she gets. One time they will have 6-10 different kits, then next time zero. Sounds like JoAnn may be getting back into carrying kits..we'll see. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Dave Armstrong said:

Sorry to interrupt, but are we EVER going to see that C-Cab that we were teased with?

atlantis c cab.jpeg

There’s another dragster, along the lines of the Mooneyes kit that seems likely to be next (because they posted in-progress box-art of it a few weeks back) and there was a T-bucket kit they teased too…I’d bet that C-cab is pretty far down the list right now.

Anyone notice that the Tom Daniel Sidewinder kit has been quietly taken off their website and can’t be preordered anymore?  A few places still have it available to order, but I don’t see it on Atlantis’s site anymore, and between last week’s weekly email and this week’s it’s been taken off the ‘coming-soon’ list 😕

I’m sure there were pics of it on their social media too but I can’t see them on there anymore either…

6 hours ago, CabDriver said:

There’s another dragster, along the lines of the Mooneyes kit that seems likely to be next (because they posted in-progress box-art of it a few weeks back) and there was a T-bucket kit they teased too…I’d bet that C-cab is pretty far down the list right now.

Anyone notice that the Tom Daniel Sidewinder kit has been quietly taken off their website and can’t be preordered anymore?  A few places still have it available to order, but I don’t see it on Atlantis’s site anymore, and between last week’s weekly email and this week’s it’s been taken off the ‘coming-soon’ list 😕

I’m sure there were pics of it on their social media too but I can’t see them on there anymore either…

Yes I seen that too ,I  sent a pm to Atlantis and asked about that no answer yet ,I'll be sad if it does not make it out sometime this year or next year !

I think the sidewinder trademark is owned by Stelantes? There was a Dodge Sidewinder show truck in the 1990's. Google it. Maybee the Atlantis/Tom Daniels kit will be renamed and rereleased. Time for new box art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That makes the "Sidewinder" box art rare!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to scout those hobby shops and stock up the stash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by paul alflen
Grammar

I seem to remember that the C-cab was going to use existing running gear (Tweedy Pie, as mentioned above), but with a newly tooled body.  I hope that one makes it, because it's a cool looking kit!

Ditto that blue T in the background, although the nose doesn't do that particular build pictured there any favors (in my opinion)

3 hours ago, paul alflen said:

I think the sidewinder trademark is owned by Stelantes? There was a Dodge Sidewinder show truck in the 1990's. Google it. Maybee the Atlantis/Tom Daniels kit will be renamed and rereleased. Time for new box art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That makes the "Sidewinder" box art rare!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to scout those hobby shops and stock up the stash!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you'll find any Atlantis Sidewinders out in the wild to 'stock up' on...not sure any made it out of the Atlantis warehouse door in the first place...

I remember they were talking about using some kind of brass or copper plating instead of chrome for that one - maybe that's causing a slow-down and we'll see more in due course.  Fingers crossed...