Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle pro street

Steve H

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 5:32 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Beautiful and very well built Chevelle Steve!  Great details all around, the stance is perfect and that red... You're like a tempting demon and you give me ideas for my pickup...

Hi Francis, your pickup is going to be waaaayyyyyy beyond anything I could build. Your skills, and craftsmanship are outstanding. Thanks for the compliments, and if it gave you an idea, or tempted you, I’m very humbled.

Cheers, Steve

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2020 at 5:37 PM, Steve H said:

I'm sure if Misha sees this he'll give me the business about not having a hood on it.

Wow, that engine compartment is packed with so much good stuff, I durn near missed the hood not being there. Great build Steve, colour is a perfect choice, love the ground pounder stance.

Cheers Misha

23 hours ago, Misha said:

Wow, that engine compartment is packed with so much good stuff, I durn near missed the hood not being there. Great build Steve, colour is a perfect choice, love the ground pounder stance.

Cheers Misha

Thanks Misha!! A slightly cheeky, but very much appreciated comment. I do occasionally put hoods on my builds. I know pro street is an old trend, but I still love the look. Hope to see you at a local get together soon. Take care. Maybe have a look at the Prius I built for my daughter, it has a hood! 
Cheers, Steve

7 hours ago, Speedpro said:

Super clean build. Paint and detail work very well done. Stance is spot on. Did you stretch the wheel well openings on the rear to fit the tires or did they just fit that good?

Hi Paul, wheel wells are as they were, no mods. The tires did fit perfect. I had played with quite few sets of rear tires, those ones fit “just right” for me. Thanks for the kind words.

Steve

22 hours ago, Alan said:

Steve, VERY nice!! What paint is on the chassis/floor pan?

Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for the compliment. Hmmmm, I believe it was Dupli Colour wheel paint that I used. I will dig thru my paint stash and see if it jogs my memory and report back.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 1:09 AM, Metaldrumm said:

very nice work,I'm also a big pro-street fan. ?

Thanks Brian, glad to know I’m not alone. Pro street is definitely a past trend, but I like my tubs!

On 10/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, BlackSheep214 said:

I’m out of words except... Wow! I love the stance on that beast. Well done! Enough to send the ricers into hiding.

Thanks Thomas, for me, wheels tires and  stance are almost always my starting point. Everything else is based off of that first mock up.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:30 PM, Karl Sheffer said:

Outstanding job on this!  Color, stance, wheels, engine - it's got it all!

Karl, thanks you so much for the compliments, much appreciated!  This is one of my better paint jobs, I was very pleased with how it turned out.

Love your quote, “box stock is not an option” that’s perfect!  Very rare .... ummmm  never does something come off my desk box stock. Sometimes close-ish, but never stock.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:46 PM, Quiet Eric said:

Excellent execution!

Thank you Eric,

7 hours ago, jamesG said:

Gorgeous build. 

Thanks James!