Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 -- AMT & MPC Kits for 2021

Casey

On 8/7/2020 at 7:56 PM, Snake45 said:

'd have been a lot more enthusiastic about that one if it had been a hardtop or sedan. :unsure:

Yup, it mystified me that they chose to go rag top.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:49 PM, Daddyfink said:

i just wish AMT would Parts Pack the Slammer wheels so i wouldn't have to buy the whole kit for them. 

There was two or more styles I believe, the ones I have are Flame tread ed.

the Ram Blur kit body is kinda nice actually, just don't like the fact it's not a hard top.

there are some bashed ones on this forum I think.

cheers.

On 8/10/2020 at 7:06 AM, randyc said:

These kits built make great interior door stops.  That's what I use them for now.   And the grandbaby can find him a car to play with too.  Built originally with my kids when they were young.  Simple enough to have a car to play with in a few minutes.   

Well, I've seen lots of old,....No, ancient AMT kits turned into art on this forum.

A lot of those could be considered Door Stops.

Currantly working on one of those myself (countless hours on it BTW) is it worth it?

Prolly just to me most likely ?

I customized a Monogram '40 Lincoln Continental with the roof/trunk from a Blackforce.

With a bit of fiddling you might be able to fit the body of the Blackforce with the interior, chassis and rear bustle from the Continental.  The cowl is a bit narrower on the Blackforce, however.

IMG_0774.JPG.10d2aad854fa563803ca46cc5aa67fa6.JPGIMG_0773.JPG.fb72222843e8666a4a6902d87835e647.JPGIMG_0772.JPG.97567cc03a3d0b3327b71d3ea94e5cf8.JPG

image.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

I customized a Monogram '40 Lincoln Continental with the roof/trunk from a Blackforce.

With a bit of fiddling you might be able to fit the body of the Blackforce with the interior, chassis and rear bustle from the Continental.  The cowl is a bit narrower on the Blackforce, however.

That is intriguing. Any pictures of the Continental?

I didn't want to potentially derail the thread, but here are a couple of pictures, taken around a decade ago.  The Blackforce window frames were cut out and replaced with sheet styrene.  The trunklid was extended a bit, as the Blackforce's rear was a bit short in proportion to the body.  I've been wondering when we'd be seeing the "Slammer" series again.  People seemed to have fun kitbashing them 20 odd years ago.

IMG_8096.JPG.5c16add0922939ebd5266894d386da8a.JPG

IMG_8092.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG

That is a beautiful car. The roof flows with the car perfectly. Great job! I like the wheels, too.

I'm glad the Slammers are coming back. I was one who had a blast kit baahing them. Some were good, some were not so good, some were never finished. They were all a lot of fun.

29 minutes ago, realgone58 said:

Wow, that came out fantastic! I have one and want to do the same. What all did you do to it?

First off I removed all the Aero skirts. I then used plastic stock to fill these voids and reshaped to a stock look. The mirrors are from a Lindberg Caravan van kit. The wheels came from some die cast but can't recall. I made the emblems on my ALPS in chrome foil. 

Thanks

On 8/11/2020 at 3:48 AM, Dave Van said:

I returned the 'Heat' to a stock Concorde....a model of my car at the time! 

CONCORDE99.JPG

Do you have a pic of the front of this? I'd like to see what you did with the molded in headlights and grille. That's been a stumbling point for me. 

I had fun with this series of kits when they first came out. I bought and built them all. I really liked the Blackforce. Very 1940's Batmobile looking built straight out of the box. The Rambler was my second favorite of the bunch. At the same time, I could care less if these came back on the market or not. Building each one once was enough for me. But, if priced right, they might be good for bring younger new modelers in to the hobby. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

AMT 1066 -- 1/25 1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 Hardtop

AMT 1243 -- 1/25 1970 Ford Galaxie Taxi

AMT 1260 -- 1/25 1965 Pontiac Bonneville

AMT 1261 -- 1/25 1964 Ford Galaxie "Craftsman Plus Series"

Polar Lights 988 -- 1/25 1969 Dodge Charger Funny Car - Hot Wheels

Polar Lights 989 -- 1/25 1969 Dodge Charger Funny Car - Mr. Norm