Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell T1 VW Camper van

stitchdup

I just got a notification from hannants that the revell vw t1 camper is now on sale. I'll be ordering a couple tomorrow and will post a review when I recieve them. Looks like it will be popular among us vw guys. It looks pretty nice in the pics (from hannants website)

RV7674_1.jpg

RV7674_1.jpg

RV7674_2.jpg

RV7674_3.jpg

RV7674_4.jpg

RV7674.jpg

RV7674_5.jpg

Edited by stitchdup

39 minutes ago, 64Comet404 said:

Love the camper, but why did the builder have to leave those ejector pin marks on the inner doors??‍♂️

Probably to show how it goes together straight out of the box.  Most people who buy the kit will look at that and think "mine will look even better".

Got two on the way now, I tried to pre order the t2 easyclik van at the same time but it wouldn't let me. I'm hoping to fit the camper interior into the t2 van when it gets released as I used to have one years ago. There's also another version of the mk1 golf being released that looks to be just new decals, but i'll get one anyway

Edited by stitchdup

I recieved my camper vans today. First impressions are good, crisp molding and the box has a good weight to it even before opening it. Unfortunatelly my camera isn't with me just now so I'll post pics sometime on monday. I am looking forward to starting it though

Here's the contents of the kit. Appologies for some of the pics being a little sepia toned on the decals and some of the parts. I like that there is two options for the glass and suspect there might be another version of the kit later. Its based of the van and bus kits previously released by revell so there are a few extra body panels for the van. I didn't take a pic of the tyres as they are just round and black. It would have been nice to have some white walls but thats just personal preference. Some chrome bumpers and mirrors would also have been nice but again thats personal choice and i expect the hasegawa one might fit with a little work. I hope the aftermarket bring out some photo etch and camping equipment for this kit as it is very nice. There is a ejector pin mark on the interior floor pan but it looks like it will be under some of the interior units. Sorry the pics aren't in any order, I still cant get that to work for me. Also take note of how it fits in the box as I didn't so it wont fit back inside

DSC06233.JPG

DSC06235.JPG

DSC06236.JPG

DSC06209.JPG

DSC06210.JPG

DSC06211.JPG

DSC06216.JPG

DSC06217.JPG

DSC06218.JPG

DSC06219.JPG

DSC06220.JPG

DSC06221.JPG

DSC06222.JPG

DSC06223.JPG

DSC06224.JPG

DSC06225.JPG

DSC06227.JPG

DSC06229.JPG

DSC06230.JPG

DSC06231.JPG

DSC06232.JPG

Edited by stitchdup

25 minutes ago, RSchnell said:

Those look great! Even better they put Florida license plates on the decal sheet. Mine is supposed to be here Tuesday- not sure if I can wait that long after seeing those sprue shots! I suspect this will be a good selling kit.

I'm sure it will be a good seller, I got two of them and I'm sure I'll get at least one more when the bay window van (t2) gets released later in the year. Its a snap type kit but shouldn't be too bad to convert with a t1 chassis. As for the first one I have to decide which of the 3 bumper options to use and whether to fit brm's or sprint stars but otherwise it will be slammed and stock(ish)

14 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Here's the contents of the kit. Appologies for some of the pics being a little sepia toned on the decals and some of the parts. I like that there is two options for the glass and suspect there might be another version of the kit later.

They'll be the Kombi version coming along, although I don't have the release date

unnamed (6).jpg

Just now, GeeBee said:

They'll be the Kombi version coming along, although I don't have the release date

unnamed (6).jpg

all the parts for it seem to be included in this, there are extra seats not used in the instructions which are the same as the bus version and 3 sets of bumpers

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 9:12 PM, stitchdup said:

Here's the contents of the kit. Appologies for some of the pics being a little sepia toned on the decals and some of the parts. I like that there is two options for the glass and suspect there might be another version of the kit later. Its based of the van and bus kits previously released by revell so there are a few extra body panels for the van. I didn't take a pic of the tyres as they are just round and black. It would have been nice to have some white walls but thats just personal preference. Some chrome bumpers and mirrors would also have been nice but again thats personal choice and i expect the hasegawa one might fit with a little work. I hope the aftermarket bring out some photo etch and camping equipment for this kit as it is very nice. There is a ejector pin mark on the interior floor pan but it looks like it will be under some of the interior units. Sorry the pics aren't in any order, I still cant get that to work for me. Also take note of how it fits in the box as I didn't so it wont fit back inside

DSC06211.JPG

I opened my kit also on last Weekend and....i needed a bigger box to store all the sprues again ?

There are a lot of part inside (from the Panelvan, Samba)...three different bumpers (US-Spec, European with trim or "naked") and off Course all Windows from the Serial Samba....seats...

You can choose on this kit (new parts) open or closed Windows all around - including the front windshields. thats kinda cool.

I like that kit - and "must" build it now?

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:05 PM, stitchdup said:

all the parts for it seem to be included in this, there are extra seats not used in the instructions which are the same as the bus version and 3 sets of bumpers

agreed. only Need the closed Roof for it.

Thanks for posting this great news. I am definitely going to get one of these campers and the Kombi when it comes out even though I have unbuilt  Revell and Hasegawa 21 Windows in my stash. I have always wanted to build a model of the 65 Sunroof that I had from 72 to 76 which I camperized and got in very good mechanical condition but never got the exterior how I wanted it. My 65 was kind of a rarity in that it was not a Microbus but had a sunroof and also a pass through forward bulkhead.

692528320_65VWVan.jpg.761debc62930d1e9e9d96174b841bc97.jpg

Edited by Phildaupho