Model Cars Magazine Forum

Classic Bugatti

landman

43 minutes ago, jamesG said:

Dude, you're killing me. To me the t50 looks gorgeous stock but the new concepts look cool too, particularly that boattail. 

I couldn't bring myself to mod a car like that unless I had another I could leave stock.

I look at it as building a new model without having to buy it. I have turned a Cadillac cabriolet into a roadster, used part of a Duesenberg town car and turned it into a Henley roadster, turned the rest of it into a Packard sedan. just can't help it.

DSC_0005.jpg

Après (1).JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

On 10/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, landman said:

Or I could use the Packard body and do a far out Soutchik style boattail roadster. Are there any tutorials on doing pontoon fenders?

599dd16a8f0c78450485c3e1f8b2ce2d.jpg

Can't go wrong with either idea, this is incredible!  I'll be watching, since I have a long dead WIP Bugatti, might help inspire me.

3 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Just out of interest, the Heller T50 wheels are incorrect. A company named Shapeways can supply 3D printed wheels that are correct for this model.

They are beautiful though. Are these the ones? I just noticed that the kit's wheels are different from the box art. See first post.

Shapeways 2.png

Shapeways.jpg

Shapeways.jpg 2.jpg

Edited by landman

It's coming on very well Pat. Looks like you were already one jump ahead of me with the Shapeways wheels. The box art you referred to has them drawn ok, but the kit wheels were well off the mark. Look forward to seeing your finished model. Those wheels will make all the difference.

Did you print the engine turned finish onto decal sheet? Not quite sure from your description how you achieved this as it looks very convincing. Any chance of a step by step description of how you produced it? 

The Superprofil was also kitted by Pocher in 1/8th scale as a variant to their standard T50 kit. You never know, Shapeways might make a Superprofil body in 1/24 scale yet for the Heller kit

Edited by Bugatti Fan

2 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

It's coming on very well Pat. Looks like you were already one jump ahead of me with the Shapeways wheels. The box art you referred to has them drawn ok, but the kit wheels were well off the mark. Look forward to seeing your finished model. Those wheels will make all the difference.

Did you print the engine turned finish onto decal sheet? Not quite sure from your description how you achieved this as it looks very convincing. Any chance of a step by step description of how you produced it? 

The Superprofil was also kitted by Pocher in 1/8th scale as a variant to their standard T50 kit. You never know, Shapeways might make a Superprofil body in 1/24 scale yet for the Heller kit

Here goes Noel:

1-Picked a pattern off the internet that was small enough.

2-Printed it on plain paper. I gives the right sheen.

3.Using Tamyia masking tape, lifted a pattern off the panels which I transposed to the print.

4. Cut it out of the image and glued it to the engine using a glue stick.

Engine turn.jpg

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

Engine turning.png