Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity colors USA problems?

hello everybody,

Want to hear from follow modelers on there experience with buying or using gravity colors usa. i recently purchased some stuff from them {or him} a couple of weeks ago and still haven't received anything. First time i called him, was left with voice mail. but he called me back 5hrs later and said they are working on it now and would ship out the next or following day. well that was a week ago.

Tried calling 3 other times with no call backs. last message i left i had basically stated I'm not likely to return as a customer. next day a received a email stating order has shipped.

Mean while as i was waiting to hear from them...or him, i looked on BBB's website and WOW. all the same complaints. pretty much all Delivery issues and no communication. or every little.

Im starting to think its some guy selling paints out of his apartment or storage unit. 

Its a bummer because i was hoping this would be the paint system i would start using. Many,Many colors to choose. As i also wanting to us Zero paints but to difficult to get here in the states.

Please i would love to hear your experiences with this Company.

I had a similar experience. I placed an order, didn't hear anything about it getting shipped, after a few weeks I sent an email, got nothing back after 2 months of not getting any communication I sent one last email, same story so I filed a paypal claim...the next day it got shipped and arrived 3 days later.. It's unfortunate because I liked the paint but I will not be ordering from them again because you shouldn't have to escalate a paypal claim in order for someone to deliver their end of the deal, I would understand if it was an isolated instance but it seems to have happened to a lot of people.

I just ordered paint from them less than 3 weeks ago and received them in 14 days.  I guess I've been lucky because I have ordered 2 times this year and got the paint about 2 weeks later, and I live on the west coast so its going to take about 5 days with USPS.

I bought a bottle from them at the beginning of the year, before I had ever even researched the company on here or elsewhere (I live on the EDGE!).  It was only after I placed the order that I found out all the issues from the BBB and the Mega-thread posted in these forums.  Since it was only one bottle I didn't put much stock in ever seeing it show up. (I've wasted more money on other things to get my shorts in a knot over a bottle of paint)

Lo and behold it did show up, with no major issues or hiccups: no phone calls or emails.  I'll probably never buy from them again just because of the total randomness of their business practice. If I order from a website, I want assurance that it will show up in a reasonable amount of time, not  a "well, we'll see if it shows up or not".

10 hours ago, vintagerpm said:

Do not order from Gravity Colors USA. They have had service/delivery problems for years now.

Order directly from Gravity Colors in Spain: https://gravity-colors.com/
Fast delivery (even to USA) using DHL. Also not expensive to ship from Spain to USA, even though it is DHL.

+1 for the Spanish store. I've bought from them 4 or 5 times now and it's always pretty quick, maybe 5 business days at most.

15 hours ago, vintagerpm said:

Do not order from Gravity Colors USA. They have had service/delivery problems for years now.

Order directly from Gravity Colors in Spain: https://gravity-colors.com/
Fast delivery (even to USA) using DHL. Also not expensive to ship from Spain to USA, even though it is DHL.

I've ordered off Gravity Spain numerous times now and they have always provided an excellent service with the paint arriving all the way down here usually in a week.

I had to threaten him with a Paypal refund. That got his attention. It was shipped the same day he had to refund. It took 3 months to get my order. The paints work Ok. You have to treat them the same as any fast drying lauquer. For my money I will go with Splash paints. Better service on a similar product. Anybody can put up a slick website like Gravity has. Not everybody can provide excellent customer service.  Gravity USA spends more time complaining about his competition in Spain than he does taking care of his own business. That's his real problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your guys input. Been really busy and meant to reply sooner.

I findly received all of my order. ? Came in two separate shipments. when i received the first and saw i was missing a good amount, i jumped on the phone [ of course got the machine] and gave him a piece of my mind. He called back and gave me the reason...or reasons.?

1. covid

2. only him and one other person completing orders

3.post office problem in FL

4. had to wait for paint from Germany 

5. He complained about gravity Spain [When i told him I'll be ordering from them] and how he's trying to ruin his reputation. Stating he gets his paint made up in Germany while Gravity Spain uses cheap chemicals for their paints.

6. Claims he has customers that tried Gravity Spains paint and came back to his because it has higher quality and in scale metallics paints.

And a few others. 

Well, after almost another week, the rest of the order finally came? 

Too bad i was hoping it would of worked out. SO frustrating trying to find the right paint system to settle in with.

That's the only thing i don't like about the hobby....having to look for that paint system that has the right color or in scale flakes.

I'll be ordering some paint from Spain when the holidays are through and  compare the metallic flakes. So many paints out there that use out of scale flakes. so annoying!!!

Mike1017  i defiantly want to try the splash paints. I've heard of scale finish paint and would also consider. MCW finishes is good also.

thanks again Guys

Edited by Polaco

• 1 month later...

Same bad experience here, I order with them the very first time in December 2017 and never received my staff so I started to write to them , also in a bit nasty way, and finally this guy named Matt replied to me,  I get my order in October 2019 ( after almost 2 years ! ) and many emails. He convinced me that all the problem were solved so in February 2020 I placed a new order, and guess what ? Its February 2021 and they never even reply to my emails anymore, not even once. 

In the meantime I ordered from GC in Spain, excellent service and the shipment arrived here in Singapore within a week. My suggestion ... forget GC USA and support GC in Spain. 

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Kelly Burns said:

Is there still a problem getting Gravity paints?

Is there another quality alternative?  I like the ready to spray idea.  This will be my first time airbrushing a body.

Gravity-spain, Splash paints, MCW are a few that come to mind...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kelly Burns said:

Is there still a problem getting Gravity paints?

Is there another quality alternative?  I like the ready to spray idea.  This will be my first time airbrushing a body.

Gravity colors spain is the legit folks as the USA folks will scam you.  Gravity colors, splash paints, MCW, scalefinishes, zero paints, and few others are all airbrush ready paints.  There automotive brush ready paints and are hot paints, and you need a good quality primer for them.  You'd be wise to test on something other than your main project until you got the hang of these type of paints, because they can damage plastic if you aren't careful. 

• Like 2

Dusty has provided an excellent list. I would add one more consideration. What you model could factor into who you purchase from. If the subject matter is North American factory stock, then the best choices would probably be Scale Finishes or MCW. For more current factory stock geared towards North American / European / Japanese Domestic Market  sports/muscle cars then I would look towards Splash Paints  or Gravity in Spain. If racing cars are your subject, then a lot of factory racing colors are available through Zero Paints or again, Gravity.

• Like 2

Thank you so much guys for the responses!  I'm going to look into each of the suggestions.  I've seen some youtube videos with the MCW paints, they seem pretty good to me.  I'm not familiar with Zero or Scale Finishes at all.

Mostly my subject matter in pre '48 hot rods and drag racing, so some metallics and some non metallics.

I like staying brand to brand with primers/color/clears.  I've seen and know some guys that switch around, but I'm not that seasoned with it yet in the scaled world.

• Like 1

That Gravity USA guy is just buying in bulk from Gravity in Spain and then reselling in the states. And I have heard horrible things about service.

There are so many high quality paint options from companies right here in the United States. I don't know why anyone would deal with  this BS, or pay the insane shipping for Zero Paints.

MCW, and splash are here, just to name a couple. Orders are shipped out in days. Shipping is cheap.

I have just started experimenting with this. I bought some paint from Scalefinishes. So far I only used one color, but I was pretty happy with the way it sprayed out. I felt that it worked best at the higher end of the recommended pressure, but that was just me and my airbrush.

image.jpeg.2879d68e0240b363a1243a002ed1fd4f.jpeg

Edited by Rodent

6 hours ago, ctruss53 said:

That Gravity USA guy is just buying in bulk from Gravity in Spain and then reselling in the states. And I have heard horrible things about service.

There are so many high quality paint options from companies right here in the United States. I don't know why anyone would deal with  this BS, or pay the insane shipping for Zero Paints.

MCW, and splash are here, just to name a couple. Orders are shipped out in days. Shipping is cheap.

If you want factory colors for older cars etc than MCW & scalefinishes is the way to go. Shipping from gravity colors in spain isn't that expensive, and there paint averages around $5 for a 30ml bottle.  There customer service is great too replaced a broken bottle of paint that happened during shipment no questions asked. I think GC in spain parted ways with the guy in USA, but i could be wrong cause he rips people off, and never sends any product. But since OP only does hotrods etc GC wouldn't really serve his purpose when it comes to options. 

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered from Spain. The amount was debited from my account (Gravity colors - ES Malaga) on March 25 and I still haven't received anything. I sent several emails (gravitycolors@gmail.com): nothing. and on the site chat they no longer respond. Do you have any news about this company? Thanks for your help.

30 minutes ago, Triou said:

I ordered from Spain. The amount was debited from my account (Gravity colors - ES Malaga) on March 25 and I still haven't received anything. I sent several emails (gravitycolors@gmail.com): nothing. and on the site chat they no longer respond. Do you have any news about this company? Thanks for your help.

are you sure you are contacting the correct store, theres a usa store and a spain store and the email you have looks like it could be the american one since it doesn't say spain

7 hours ago, stitchdup said:

are you sure you are contacting the correct store, theres a usa store and a spain store and the email you have looks like it could be the american one since it doesn't say spain

As far as I know, he has no gmail account, all my emails come from gravity-colors.com.  

This is the correct website https://gravity-colors.com/

And this is his correct contact us page https://gravity-colors.com/contact-us/