Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge (Color me Gone) Promod

On 12/29/2020 at 10:03 PM, Tortuga Kustomz said:

LOL i can imagen that, when my kids are not around that how i do it, put my coat and spray in the kitchen, but always with all the windows open, after that couple candles make the trick

I had a similar problem my wife is super sensitive to any type of paint other than water based acrylics.  I finally fell off my wallet  and build a spray booth out on one sheet of MDF  and a bathroom fan 150 CFM.  Changed my life  cut out a blank to go into the tracks of a sliding window and attached the exhaust hose to that Got fancy and added a furnace filter to the system   Net result out of pocket $195,00 CAN, spray anytime I want to, wife HAPPY, so I'm happy, can spray small pieces without worry and the paint Jobs are better With the filter zero overstay on the exhaust fan.  This has helped my modeling more than any other cash outlay, and our home life is much better. My recommendation build one ,buy one , or borrow one it's  a no lose deal!

On 1/24/2021 at 1:44 AM, Ian McLaren said:

I had a similar problem my wife is super sensitive to any type of paint other than water based acrylics.  I finally fell off my wallet  and build a spray booth out on one sheet of MDF  and a bathroom fan 150 CFM.  Changed my life  cut out a blank to go into the tracks of a sliding window and attached the exhaust hose to that Got fancy and added a furnace filter to the system   Net result out of pocket $195,00 CAN, spray anytime I want to, wife HAPPY, so I'm happy, can spray small pieces without worry and the paint Jobs are better With the filter zero overstay on the exhaust fan.  This has helped my modeling more than any other cash outlay, and our home life is much better. My recommendation build one ,buy one , or borrow one it's  a no lose deal!

that's awesome, in order to make my own booth i need the area, which i don't have for the moment, but i will LOL, but i like the way you build your booth, great start for me thanks for sharing that Ian

I did some work with the beast, not much but good for me, Added some decals to the chassis and is clear, added some detail parts on the interior, clutch, brake and gas pedals, added a 1/16 aluminum tub for the stirring column and a clock gear for the stirring wheel parts, came out nice on my point of view, then i did some work on the blower, after detail painting the fuel valve and the fuel distributor block, added the details to the blower hat and they came out great, am really happy with the results, hope you guys like it...

HO9UTmD.jpg

tNfIbIi.jpg

5z98C02.jpg

DsgoHhA.jpg

Kw7CoLL.jpg

hsJtF5G.jpg

HTnl0Mm.jpg

Ht1u0eK.jpg

HIoj13g.jpg

poUX3aV.jpg

XHwruG3.jpg

CGGvgYN.jpg

eS85yvy.jpg

Xt5LO40.jpg

AH5jRuN.jpg

JLgJUgW.jpg

r66YPPM.jpg

rL4oiRI.jpg

Ifq5g5N.jpg

dCENeK4.jpg

9GMCrlp.jpg

ySKZ0GD.jpg

Edited by Tortuga Kustomz

11 hours ago, John Pol said:

Looking real good so far

Thank you John

6 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Great work Marcos!  I love all the details you added so far, the "beast" as you call it is really a name that fits it well... 😉

Thank you Francis, yeah this beast is the most powerful build in my collection, and the name fits well thanks for you support man

14 hours ago, Glen Powers said:

Marcos, just an awesome job putting in the details you have done on this build!!!!!!!!

Glen

Thank you Glen, i really appreciated

Well guys, first time i have this up and down feeling on a build...

First i put a lot of work on the rear end and the wheelie bars, the wheelie bars i wanted to be a 92" in scale for this project

Soon as i mounted everything on the chassis, i find out the the wheelie bars hit the chassis and didn't let the tire touch the ground, and the 4 link arms were to long and make the wheel and tire out of center

At the end, the wheels and tires were center, but the 92" wheelie bars was gone, end up with a 78" wheelie bars in scale

this is my basic idea with all the work

PmZrxng.jpg

ruXcOG7.jpg

wpAocNe.jpg

rWcxnD9.jpg

1M9bnNi.jpg

So i have to take everything a part, i damage the paint on the 4 ling brackets

EgZ6aE4.jpg

0BvR0sO.jpg

This is my final result

dwEfRT1.jpg

9CAK4Ko.jpg

PN4Y6R7.jpg

JCviHgO.jpg

hWMUV7o.jpg

Edited by Tortuga Kustomz
missing information

18 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I think that's bad for a good Marcos, the shorter wheelie bars are more appropriate for that big body.  There are no such builds that are done without small adjustments along the way, you are heading in the right direction my friend! 👍

Thank you Francis, for a moment i though i was going to damage the work, but at the end, came out great, i need to make some touches and need to add more details to that area, but that will be next...

11 hours ago, ProModNut said:

For anyone still interested in the body, it's from Perry's Resin, based on the Dodge Fever 1964 Dodge Polara.

Thank you Richard, i've been looking for another body of this project, just in case i damaged this one, LOL, thanks man

here's the link if you guys like

https://www.perrysresin.com/