Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weird and annoying ads

Venom

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Even closer!  I believe the shop was in Malvern.  Same area, all within five miles

Tom, I never knew how he died but being a drag racer and died in an auto accident I  strange...

Liberman was driving his Chevrolet Corvette car in West Goshen Township near West Chester, Pennsylvania when he rounded a corner on the West Chester Pike at excessive speed and collided with a SEPTA transit bus head-on September 9, 1977, killing him. The car was wedged under the bumper and underchassis of the bus. It took responders more than 45 minutes to extricate his body from the wreckage.[21][1]

On 1/20/2021 at 11:42 PM, Danno said:

The ones that just drive me batshift crazy are the stupid half-man/half-motorcycle ads. How idiotic. How stooopit!  Sheeesh.  That's one of those things that one would have been more than enough, but, NO!  They have to drive it into the ground. IF I had a bike, I'd never buy their asinine insurance. 

Otherwise, I really don't have an opinion about it.  ?

??

I completely agree.But the ones that are the worst are the 65 yo ED ads.Give me a break.lol

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Wow, that’s for ED?!!

Looks like I’ve been missing some stuff here

My Google-Fu is strong today. Took me about 10 seconds to find out it's a "silicone mouthpiece face exerciser." Apparently Japan has a lot of fat faces, or something. :wacko::unsure:

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

My Google-Fu is strong today. Took me about 10 seconds to find out it's a "silicone mouthpiece face exerciser." Apparently Japan has a lot of fat faces, or something. :wacko::unsure:

I don’t think I could sit in the same room while somebody was exercising with that thing!

Discovery Channel and its associates are at or near the top of my Hate list lately. I like many of their shows, but the new Discovery + is too much. 

They used to have all their back episodes available online (through my cable provider). Now you have to be a subscriber to see anything more than the current season. Subscriptions start at $4.95/mo, for which you still have to watch all the commercials. If you want commercial-free, that's $20/mo (more than HBO and Cinemax). 

But the worst is that now, about 20% or more of time on their airing shows, they're showing those annoying inset ads for Discovery + covering the bottom 20% of the screen. 

I SO miss the days when the program you were watching filled the whole screen with no ads or promos running at the bottom. (This goes for all channels, both broadcast and cable.) :angry:

Yes I’ve noticed entertainment orgs trying to pull more money out of people lately, and not just the cable channels. 

This season the second episode of “This Is Us”, one of the few TV shows I will watch, was preempted for something.. I think it was election night.. the the next week they moved on to the next episode. This is one of those shows that progresses in time, so you want to watch episodes in order. I went to view the episode On Demand, and they wanted to charge me! Screw that! I’ve since stopped watching the series.

My wife watches some cable shows on TLC and they’re pushing some of the garbage she likes to a new streaming channel for $5 a month! Nope, not paying it!

5 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

My wife watches some cable shows on TLC and they’re pushing some of the garbage she likes to a new streaming channel for $5 a month! Nope, not paying it!

What irks me?  You/wife will not pay, but thousands of others will. So the cable companies will just happily continue charging more and more.

Oh wait, this is not "what irked me thread". :)

Edited by peteski

19 hours ago, Snake45 said:

But the worst is that now, about 20% or more of time on their airing shows, they're showing those annoying inset ads for Discovery + covering the bottom 20% of the screen.

I yell a lot at the tv about this very thing (and then the wife yells at me). So many channels are constantly showing what's gonna be on some other time. Just let me watch what I'm watching!