Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your dog !

Nazz

Sugar Rae broke our sofa doing laps around our house when she was younger. She would come down the stairs, do a box turn off the back and head back upstairs. Basically doing figure 8's.  She would do about 6 laps or so. 

Great pics Rob. They bring back many memories.

Jerry

Edited by Nazz
addition

• 1 month later...

Seven Christmas' ago, I took Brian to see Santa for his first holiday as part of my family.  As you know, he passed back in April of liver cancer.

This is Riley's first Christmad in her new home.  When I adopted her, the shelter bear hugger her to the meet and greet and has zero interest in walks on a leash so I brought my teenager with me as I expected her to be uncooperative.  He got her to the sidewalk and I grabbed a shopping cart.  Other than refusal to walk in or out of Petsmart, she was great!  Well.....until the drive home.  I think she thought she was being turned back in again and was so worked up she yacked on the ride home.  Not just a little, but more like bachelor party yack!!  Glad it was unseasonably warm to detail the back seat.

Brian Christmas 2016.jpeg

Riley Christmas 2023.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Luna does NOT Like her winter hat.

image.jpeg

Getting ready to go walkies. There was a wind, so windchill was a factor. I was wearing my goofy warm winter hat, figured we'd try hers out. 

Nope.

Ahh well, she's wearing a fur coat, so all is good.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JollySipper said:

I bet she would enjoy having a sweater, though......

She actually has a sweater/jacket/vest thing that she wears when it gets really cold. Doesn't bother her at all. I suspect because it fits kind of like her harness.

Hi Scott, we had gone through a similar situation with Rocky, and am glad to hear Piper is doing well. In Rocky's case, he ate a good chunk of a toy. I should have been watching him more closely. He also came out of it O.K,. I remember it being a very stressful time and have some idea what you went through. Rocky lived to 15. 

Jerry

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This was Whiskey Friday . He was at the vet getting neutered. As you can see he is not a happy camper . But he was a brave boy and came though well. He is now recovering nicely.

On another note. We were at a agility trial last weekend and Diesel got his last Q and moves up to Masters from advanced in Jumpers .Sorry no pics. All we have is video.

Jerry

FB_IMG_1706324603891.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nazz said:

This was Whiskey Friday . He was at the vet getting neutered. As you can see he is not a happy camper . But he was a brave boy and came though well. He is now recovering nicely.

On another note. We were at a agility trial last weekend and Diesel got his last Q and moves up to Masters from advanced in Jumpers .Sorry no pics. All we have is video.

Jerry

FB_IMG_1706324603891.jpg

He may be plotting revenge you know. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up this one does NOT end well....

A co-worker and her husband adopted this little sweety from the local animal shelter almost a year ago.  She was abused as a pup and found abandoned tied to a telephone pole.  The shelter fostered her and got to see what some of her fears were but she started to gain confience.  My co-worker adopted her and named her Floppy as she would just plop down instead of sitting.  She went to obdience school and shined like a star.  She got play dates at doggie daycare a few times a week.  I went over to their house a couple times to help with some of the trainers asks to help Floppy over her fears.  (anything for a dog in my world!)

Last weekend, she had two incidents of attacking her feline roommates which she never did before.  Monday, she went to the vet to figure what was going on.  Vet gave them an Rx to help take the edge off but on Tuesday morning, she went to doggie daycare and went after another dog she always played well with.  Vet told my friends that it was Floppy's best interest to put her to sleep.  Wednesday the vet said the catscan showed a tumor in her head caused her aggression and it would have only gotten worse.  He suspects it was from repeated haed trauma when she was a pup.  Floppy just turned one in September and April this year would have been her one year anniversary of her furever home.

RIP Floppy.  Humans failed you but the last year of your too short life you were well loved.

RIP Floppy 02 20 24.jpeg

Edited by HomerS
  • Sad 4