Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airbrush purification cup

Yes, that’s akinteractive’s name for a paint strainer for the paint cup on an airbrush.  It is listed as 21mm diameter (.827”).  I would like to have one for my Paasche H (.750” inside diameter)., but don’t see anything available.  Anybody know of anything that would fit the Paasche H or an alternative handy way of straining the paint as you pour it in the cup?

If the paint is new and not contaminated in any way just thinning it should be ok if it is not already manufactured to airbrush consistency.

Rather than  looking at strainers maybe it would be an idea to look at your airbrush nozzle size for the paint being used. You may have to up the size a bit to get good flow.

Try McMaster Carr catalog 

They have stainless steel wire discs cut to diameter. You can choose the mesh opening size. Listed as a 25 pack for $16.00. Check your profile for PM. A little trick I’ve learned I do not wish to share with everyone on this site.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:53 PM, R. Thorne said:

Yes, that’s akinteractive’s name for a paint strainer for the paint cup on an airbrush.  It is listed as 21mm diameter (.827”).  I would like to have one for my Paasche H (.750” inside diameter)., but don’t see anything available.  Anybody know of anything that would fit the Paasche H or an alternative handy way of straining the paint as you pour it in the cup?

Use a old stocking from your wife will work to

I agree that if the paint has chunks in it (cannot be mixed into homogeneous liquid) then it is bad, ans should not be used.  But having said that, I added a fine mesh screen to the end  of my airbrush's siphon tube.  That is to catch things like stray pieces of hair or other debris that ended up in the paint.  It doesn't catch very many debris, but it is an easy insurance.

Badger200_SiphonTube.JPG

The mesh was part of a privacy screen stuck on a front of a CRT-based computer monitor.  It is a very fine black (nylon?) mesh.  It is so fine that it sometimes blocks metallic particles in metallic paints, so for those paint jobs I have to remove the screen.

Edited by peteski

• 2 weeks later...