Model Cars Magazine Forum

*1932 Ford Sedan Delivery*

Zippi

1 hour ago, Oldmopars said:

Great color combo, I like it a lot. 

I am so glad you are doing this kit, I have one in the stash and will be atacking it one day, nice to have you go and point out all the flaws with the kit so I know what to look for and are prepred for the challenge it will be. It is not my preferred subject, but I gotthe kit basicly for free, so I will build it. 

Well I'm glad my post are doing someone some good.  

On 10/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, Zippi said:

I was looking at the remaining parts in the kit and noticed (2) windshield frames and (2) grille shells.  The parts on the far left and far right are what is shown in the instructions.  Not sure what MPC's thinking process was on the extra parts.  The grille will not fit the shorter grille shell and the other windshield from is to small.  In fact, both just barely fit the opening in the body.  Just hard to get a pic of the fit issue.  Not sure how to glue it in without having a big gap somewhere.    

20211010_120938.jpg

The windshield frame with the pegs is for the phaeton, the A radiator has the core to fit in the Switchers version of this kit.

I got the body parts cleared this morning with lacquer and they came out pretty good.  Two light coats and two wet coats with 20 min flash time between coats.  I still need to wet sand and polish them. The lighter color on the body is a little darker than I wanted but the Anita's Vanilla Cream I sprayed came out spotty so I used what I had on hand.  

20211016_115424.jpg

20211016_115549.jpg

20211016_115628.jpg

Edited by Zippi

11 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Hey Bob !  I like where you are heading with this. It's looking very good so far. Keep it up !

Thanks Ray.  I'm thinking now I may just polish the body and fenders as it's already pretty shiny.  Once the lacquer drys and I fit the body parts on the chassis I'll know.  

Ok....just did a dry fit.  I didn't want to set the body down on the fenders to had and take a chance of scratching the paint.  Yup, it's already a little to shiny so I'm not going to wet sand it, just polish.  I really like the two colors together.  Going to be a nice little "Sleeper".  I'm a happy camper.

20211016_134317.jpg

20211016_134328.jpg

20211016_134344.jpg

20211016_134351.jpg

Edited by Zippi

3 minutes ago, David G. said:

Sweet color combination, excellent paintwork!

Nice recovery on the paint issues, cooler heads usually prevail.

David G.

Thanks Dave.  I think the cooler weather and the very low humidity is playing a big part. The paint and clear lacquer just seem to level out so nicely.  On the lacquer I think I've found the sweet spot between wet and running.