Model Cars Magazine Forum

*1932 Ford Sedan Delivery*

Zippi

I forgot to post some photos.  I built this close to forty years ago and it is not flash!  It has the mods I mentioned earlier plus AMT 32 Ford wire wheels, widened at the rear, AMT 32 bumpers and a Monogram Son of Ford headlight bar and lights. Was only my second go ever at using Testor's spray cans and the finish is roughly 80 grit! Still, I have a new re-issue the same as yours now so will start a new build rather than strip this one down.

Cheers

Alan

20180815_054935.jpg

IMG_2364.JPG

20 minutes ago, David G. said:

There are so many options for a kit like this. I'm interested to see where you take it.

David G.

Well....I'm pretty much a box stock builder exept for wiring & sometimes a wheel & tire swap.  I may lower the stance on this one a little.  I did buy some Anita's acrylic Gloss black for the fenders and Burgandy for the body but, you know how that goes.  Won't know for sure til I get to that point.     

14 hours ago, tim boyd said:

The Sedan Delivery kit was not part of the original Switchers series (the original Switchers Deuce kits were the 5WCoupe/Roadster and the Sedan/Phaeton), but the Sedan Delivery was clearly derived from the Tudor Switchers and shared almost all its contents (other than the body itself) with that prior kit....TIM 

Thanks Tim, I knew that, but decided to go back and edit my comment to make it more clear.

23 hours ago, alan barton said:

It is the only 32 Sedan Delivery kit available in styrene and a few tweaks are worth the effort.

Here's a comparison of the three '32 tudor bodies, mpc, amt and revell, to maybe help with tweaks to make it look more accurate...

P1018392.JPG

Hi!

To the issue of some parts being molded in black in this kit: I bought a leftover 32 sedan delivery body shell in the trash bins at a show last year, and the body was molded in black. However, the rear side panels were not glued in, they were molded in place. I therefore suppose it was not the same kit? Just curious...

CT 

2 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi!

To the issue of some parts being molded in black in this kit: I bought a leftover 32 sedan delivery body shell in the trash bins at a show last year, and the body was molded in black. However, the rear side panels were not glued in, they were molded in place. I therefore suppose it was not the same kit? Just curious...

CT 

Like this?

20210929_224719-1.jpg.5ba3e4736b7226b9e717d5c22e621257.jpg

20210929_224749-1.jpg.2aa7fd7117c39becd9c95a73cd00d4f3.jpg

21 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Like this?

20210929_224719-1.jpg.5ba3e4736b7226b9e717d5c22e621257.jpg

20210929_224749-1.jpg.2aa7fd7117c39becd9c95a73cd00d4f3.jpg

Hi Roger!

Exactly this body, minus the fenders. There is the remnant of a decal on the body side, stating "Truckin' on Down 32", or something similar. The windshield frame is a distinct part, chromed.

It looks as the reveal molding that crosses the rear door is much more curved than on the 1/1 car, based on my experience with real 1/1 rod bodies... 

CT 

37 minutes ago, Painted Black said:

One thing to look for is the front ride height, it is really up there, I'm working on the phaeton and will most likely use the Revell axle. 

Thanks for the heads up 

2 hours ago, Zippi said:

I got the body and fenders cleaned up.  The body fits the fenders pretty good.  Haven't decided yet if I'm going to build a Sedan Panel or not.

20211001_125720.jpg

20211001_125731.jpg

20211001_125745.jpg

I did'nt realize it can be done as a sedan.  Sure would look cood with a slight chop but will look cool either way.  Knock it out Bob!!

I got some of the parts removed from the tree and cleaned up and boy, I realize this is an older kit but it is a little on the rough side.  The parts were molded so far onto the tree that it has really distorted the part.  You can really see it on the wheels.  I think this is the ride height I'm shooting for and I'm thinking Sedan now instead of Delivery.  

20211002_084610.jpg

20211002_080010.jpg

20211002_083050.jpg

20211002_084555.jpg

20211002_090845.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Looks good so far Bob. I hear you on the pad printed tires. Makes such a big difference. I always dread painting white lettering on tires anyways and it just takes the sting out of that part of the build when the white letters are already there for you. 

Thanks Joe.

Looking at the from spring I'm thinking maybe I could cut it at the red lines and drop it down and glue it to the axle.  Want to see what you guys think or maybe someone who has tackled this before.  

20211002_095336.jpg

10 minutes ago, Painted Black said:

That might work, depends on how low your going, have you checked the tread width with the fenders? Looks quite wide...

I'm thinking maybe dropping it about 3/32".  With should be fine.