Model Cars Magazine Forum

93 Mustang Replica

disconovaman

I finally got this off the bench! It's the 93 Cobra from Revell. I built it for this girl as a Christmas present to her boyfriend who owns the car.. The real car is a GT so It's not exactly the same but I wanted the build to be simple. It's close enough. 93 Mustang Hatchback.😏 It's the thought that counts right? I'm just happy it has matching wheels and color. 😁

Thanks to Zen (one of our resourceful members on the forum) for lending the kit. These things are getting scarce these days. It's about time to bring it back Revell...

Anyway, on to the next...

Thanks for looking.

received_1197042127455977.jpeg(1).jpg

20211216_095632.jpg

20211216_094843.jpg

20211216_095330.jpg

20211216_094315.jpg

20211216_094644.jpg

20211216_095947.jpg

20211216_095010.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zen said:

Looks great

Yeah, I dig it. Thanks for the help gettin it to me. I really appreciate it. Actually has me wanting to build another one. Awhile back we were talking about the 1:24th stuff? I would like to fit the body over a Pro Stock chassis with opening doors I think that would work nicely... I'm hoping that Revell reissues it in the future!

Thanks to all for the nice comments!

4 hours ago, Zen said:

Are the wheels from a Revell pro stock kit?

Right... They're 1:24th Weld Drag lites from Monogram on alot of the ProStock drag cars and Funny cars. These are from the 57 chevy funny car...

The GT taillights from the convertible would've been a great option... if those kits ever come readily available I would harvest the top from the Cobra and graft it to the convertible making a more accurate GT Fastback. The time frame I had for the project wouldn't allow for that kind of modifications this time though. I have a better respect for this kit now, it really is a simple build.  

Thanks guys, it was definitely a kit that I'll build agian in the future... funny story about it though... While I was researching all the details, (I only had the one picture so I'm sure there's alot of inaccuracies.) The one thing I know is wrong is the Saleen wing on the real car doesn't match the model because the one on the model is some pro-street spoiler from a parts box...

That Saleen wing was only offered in one issue from 1991 (the kit is black on the box.) And I'm told they are hard to find. After hours of digging through spoilers at my buddies house. I came up with the closest one I could find. He has a collection and an unheard-of amount of just about everything model related. We couldn't find it, doesn't mean he didn't have it, we just gave up looking. Fast forward a week later and after I had mounted the Pro-street wing and got the car painted I found a Saleen wing in my own collection 😆 wouldn't you know it? Isn't that how it always goes? 

I decided since it's so hard to find I'm gonna cast it and make a few dozen just to have some.

Anyways, thanks agian for the Nice comments I'll be sure to start a build thread of my own Cobra whenever I start one...

20211127_184440.jpg

20211211_094619.jpg

20211127_184559.jpg

20211127_184457.jpg

20211127_184448.jpg