Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '69 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396

Casey

47 minutes ago, bytownshaker said:

I'll definitely get this kit just for the hood, as I want to do a model of my 67 Camaro and it had that hood on it.

20180210_161524.jpg

It had the 68-69 "ice cube tray" inserts?  Stock 67's had a different insert like the 69 Nova SS hood.  I am not familiar with any Canadian differences in trim, so I ask.

If Revell offers the hood so the inserts are separate, you could get the inserts from the Nova to be correct.

3 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

It had the 68-69 "ice cube tray" inserts?  Stock 67's had a different insert like the 69 Nova SS hood.  I am not familiar with any Canadian differences in trim, so I ask.

If Revell offers the hood so the inserts are separate, you could get the inserts from the Nova to be correct.

His car was obviously "day two" so he or someone might have added that hood later. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:45 PM, Exotics_Builder said:

No "Canadian differences". All first gen F-bodies sold in Canada were built in The States so they came off the same assembly lines as those sold in the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

New hood and the SS grille emblem instead of the bowtie in the grille, and other SS badges (decals?) I'd assume...

Think the copo version had a decal for the bowtie.

I kinda wonder if the following could be a solution for separate scripts and trim, so that multiple versions are possible of just one body.

AR88058 (archertransfers.com)

Edited by Luc Janssens

It'd be nice if Revell were to issue more kits under the Nickey name -- this kit being one of them (some 'Day Two' parts such as a new intake/carburetor/air cleaner and not-Centerline-nor-contemporary custom wheels/tyres and !!!BAM!!!). 

IIRC, Revell had licence to use Baldwin-Motion advertising (though the 1970 Chevelle --old Monogram tooling but with updated interior and a Tarantula intake, plus the requisite signature Phase III striping scheme-- was the last one that I can remember). It'd be nice to be able to build an OOB replica of Joe Oldham's 1969 SS-427 triple-black 'advertisement car'!

Likewise, a Dick Harrell tie-in could be created... heck, even a Dana tie-in (I don't believe that anyone has that copyrighted -- Dana has been out of business for decades).