Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about a laugh?

Ace-Garageguy

I prefer mimes to memes.  😛

March 23 was the centennial of the birth of the legendary Marcel Marceau.

He had a fun role in the '70s Mel Brooks film "Silent Movie".  The film centers around an attempt to put together a production for a silent film (in their present day) while homage to the classic films.

Last year I saw a special showing of "Silent Movie".  While it does have a musical sound track last year I saw it accompanied instead with a live pipe organ (aka theater organ) as was the common way to see films in the silent era.  I'm glad I finally got to see that film after all these years.

7 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

How many trained seals does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They all just sit in the dark and clap when their keeper tells them it's fixed.

Well played, old friend! ;)B):lol:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

Last year I saw a special showing of "Silent Movie".  While it does have a musical sound track last year I saw it accompanied instead with a live pipe organ (aka theater organ) as was the common way to see films in the silent era.  I'm glad I finally got to see that film after all these years.

If it was at the Shanklin Hall, then we both saw the same movie.  Just last weekend I saw "the General" by Michael Keaton (a real silent movie) there.  The entire theater organ experience is amazing!  In the back room (where the organ's guts are), the Shanklin family also has a beautifully restored Stanley Steamer.  Another blast from the past.

Edited by peteski

I saw "Silent Movie" at the drive-in when it first came out. Not the best way to watch it as there are many distractions and you have to pay attention when there's no dialog. I've watched it since then at home and it's much better that way. Reminds me of watching a movie with sub titles. You have to stay focused or you'll miss something.

I would guess many younger people don't bother with these type of films nowadays. Or am I just being a typical old man with that statement? 🤨

47 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Sample question from the new, enhanced, everyone-gets-an-A high school graduation exam:

When I was a kid doing the exams for school, the joke was that if you didn't know the answer, just pick the letter 'C' and most times you'd be correct!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

What are michael jacksons pronouns? 

he/hee

An oldie from back in the day: 

What's unusual about Michael Jackson's driver's license? "Age," "Sex," and "Race" are all blank. :blink:

• Haha 2