Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Revell '48 kustom, my way

customline

Very nice, period-perfect look to this one. Good, clean build all around, and just has that cover car look! I especially like the way the ribbed bumpers work with the grille; very attractive. Great color for a custom job, too. Very well done!

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

Hi Jim, the colour is gorgeous on that! I am not familiar with the kit, but having everything frenched (which I assume you did?) really adds to the overall look. Very nice build.

Cheers, Steve

3 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Great looking custom. I like the engine details and the color fits it nicely.

Thanks for your interest, Mario and Steve. Some of the work was already done  by Revell. I just finished it for them.  Steve, the kit is not currently available in stores mostly. This is what it looks like (below).s-l1600.jpg.53606bea5ffb2721a43951ed0ffbafb5.jpg

13 hours ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Very nice. Love the additional mods you added. Period perfect. I'm thinking the color is dusty rose pearl, used it on a '65 Galaxies many moons ago. Well done.

Thanks John. I'm not sure about the color, I couldn't find the bottle but it could be Dusty Rose or maybe Candy Scarlett. I have both of those in stock  but I don't recall using either one.  They are both full but I had more than one of some colors. The mystery deepens.🤔

On 2/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, customline said:

Thanks John. I'm not sure about the color, I couldn't find the bottle but it could be Dusty Rose or maybe Candy Scarlett. I have both of those in stock  but I don't recall using either one.  They are both full but I had more than one of some colors. The mystery deepens.🤔

My guess is the Kandy Scarlet. Could be the Purple. I doubt it's Dusty Rose. Whatever it is, it looks great!  Here's my AMT Model A in Dusty Rose pearl.

20210920_164008 4x6 RT.jpg

Edited by Dave Darby

2 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

My guess is the Kandy Scarlet. Could be the Purple. I doubt it's Dusty Rose. Whatever it is, it looks great!  Here's my AMT Model A in Dusty Rose pearl.

20210920_164008 4x6 RT.jpg

I was a bit skeptical about Dusty Rose but now that I've seen it, I think I might want to use it on a '60s style kustom. Thanks for the input, Dave! BTW, that roadster is super nice! 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:38 AM, crazyjim said:

Gorgeous, clean build and so SHINY 🙂🙂🙂

Thanks, Crazy Jim (I wish I'd thought of that handle). That SHINE is not clear of any sort.  I just use the "Lone Wolf" method I learned from his DVD. The only drawback of this method, if you go without clear (like I do most of the time), is that there must be enough paint on the model because you're going to remove some and how much you remove depends on the severity of the "orange peel." 🍊 I'm not a really good at paint work and they don't all turn out as good as this one 💩, but I'm OK with that. My paint work is done under some "unhelpful" conditions.  I do the best I can. 🥴

Testor's paint is really good stuff (well, it was, but I don't know about now). It's a shame the parent company shut down Model Master.