Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1965 Nova Gasser

Fish_65

Just finished this one up. I will add some class designation decals at some point.

I started with the new Moebius '65 Nova gasser kit, but backdated a few items and put my own spin on it. I wanted it to look like a privateers car from back in the day without a lot of frill. The kit version seems like a modern take on an early gasser to me.

It's painted with Krylon Short Cuts Antique Bronze and topcoated it with Testors Extreme Laquer clear. I added a MAD distributor and used some parts box tires and front wheels (AMT '55 Nomad), the rear wheels are from one of the Moebius '65 Plymouth kits. I used a single reservoir master cylinder and some more vintage looking seats from the parts box. The kit seats seem really big and are really laid back.

The kit went together very well with the exception of the door handles...they break in 2 just removing them from the tree. Luckily I had a buddy that is building a modern pro touring style car and won't be using door handles.

Comments/questions welcome.

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

Edited by Fish_65
wrong pic
  • Like 6

Cool build Fish! I think you did a great job capturing the "no-frills guy with a day job in the sixties" look on this build.  Love the color, love the rear black steelies, love the minimal decals, love the stance. Sweet!

I feel your pain on the fractured Moebius door handles, I broke the left one on the '65 Ply I just posted and re-aligning the pieces and re-bonding them together  using CA was an exercise in micro jewelry making.  It look's ok from 18" away.....

Scott....really nicely done.  I particularly like the paint detailing in the engine compartment, showing your meticulous attention to detail. 

While the kit was intentionally designed to the modern idiom of Gasser content, like you I think many others are taking the opportunity to "backdate" the kit to mid 1960's A/FX and match race style themes.    TIM   

• 2 months later...