Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 70 Cuda UPDATE 6/17

chris coller

Beautiful work so far Chris!

I have the Revell '71 Hemi 'Cuda convertible on the go right now. The Fireball Modelworks carburetors are indeed little jewels. You'll love 'em when you see them in person. Overall you're working with a nicer kit than mine but I prefer the '71 grill over the '70. The 426 in your kit is also better detailed than the old Revell kit. I'll have to see how much I can do to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse with mine.  I wish I had your Rallye dash. I may be forced to rebuild my kit dash to get what I want.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Wolf

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolf said:

Beautiful work so far Chris!

I have the Revell '71 Hemi 'Cuda convertible on the go right now. The Fireball Modelworks carburetors are indeed little jewels. You'll love 'em when you see them in person. Overall you're working with a nicer kit than mine but I prefer the '71 grill over the '70. The 426 in your kit is also better detailed than the old Revell kit. I'll have to see how much I can do to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse with mine.  I wish I had your Rallye dash. I may be forced to rebuild my kit dash to get what I want.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Wolf

Thank you. I'm very happy with this build so far. Plenty of good reference material on this car. 

I got the carb idea from your build. I'm curious to see how yours comes together. I will keep an eye on it

• 1 month later...

So been plugging away. Not much on pictures everytime I do something. Here are some pics before I wrap this up. Few more engine details to add and I gotta clean up the taillights a bit. Some fit issues with the glass and taillights that was a bugaboo. All in all happy with the results

20220728_190128.jpg

20220728_190205.jpg

20220728_190148.jpg

20220728_190212.jpg

20220728_190136.jpg

20220728_190143.jpg

20220728_190140.jpg

• Like 4

Green, Ugh. Green belongs on Army Fatigues. The *only* green I could stand on a car was this green, 1970 Plymouth. Even the interior was livable. Most green interiors (1:1) would make me gag after only a few miles, except for this one.

Back in the early '70s I worked at a brand new Sunoco station and one of our customers had a '70 Plymouth Barracuda slant six auto(Column Shift), the exact color scheme you have going here. Like I said, green belongs on army fatigues but this was different, it was livable and you've really nailed it.

Great Job! 🤘

Edited by Raoul Ross

Very cool car model taking shape here. I like how you've treated each sub-assembly as a model all its own. Interior has a nice "feel" to the finishes that adds realism, and don't get me started on that engine bay; just NIIIIICE!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 10:10 PM, Raoul Ross said:

Green, Ugh. Green belongs on Army Fatigues. The *only* green I could stand on a car was this green, 1970 Plymouth. Even the interior was livable. Most green interiors (1:1) would make me gag after only a few miles, except for this one.

Back in the early '70s I worked at a brand new Sunoco station and one of our customers had a '70 Plymouth Barracuda slant six auto(Column Shift), the exact color scheme you have going here. Like I said, green belongs on army fatigues but this was different, it was livable and you've really nailed it.

Great Job! 🤘

Wow, they should make breathalizers for keyboards to prevent drunkin posting...heh

All I was trying to say is green is not my fav car color except for this and you've nailed it beautifully! It really does look like a real car in your pix.