Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1930 Model A coupe 60's hot rod.

alan barton

Thanks everyone, great to see the love for these old Monogram classics,  

On 9/7/2022 at 7:06 AM, tim boyd said:

Tasty....very tasty!  Glad to know this one is finished and sitting proudly on the display shelf.   (Always a big mental plus on my end when it goes into the display. presume the same applies with you.)  Cheers Mate...TB 

Thanks Tim, yes, there is nothing like the satisfaction of getting a fresh build on the shelf.  I retired in January and have managed to get 26 models on the shelf since then, doing about five hours every night. Of course, some of those are ten day builds, some are ten week builds and some are ten year builds!!!  Doesn't matter, but they only get counted when the tyres hit the glass!

Cheers

Alan

G'day Alan, cool build. To transform stock to hotrod is always fun. I'm currently building the 37 ford panel delivery by revell as a street rod. It's posting on WIP Commercial vehicles. I'm in Albury, NSW. Have you heard of a model parts supplier called 'The Parts Box '. They have some good stuff including a nine inch. Again, cool hotrod.

Cheers, David.1357612199_Screenshot_20220914-002150_SamsungInternet.jpg.3f63e1529ce2499cf906b08ce3571f87.jpg723606424_Screenshot_20220914-001452_SamsungInternet.jpg.90f19482719a96a273a4ffd17727d2d6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Bullybeef said:

That’s a tasty looking rod, I’ve never been good at getting red to look good on any kit, your paint is perfect!

Bill, I have been using Tamiya Pink primer under my red paintjobs of late and it seems to really make the red pop!

22 hours ago, thatz4u said:

looks good in red, well done....I noticed you spell your first name the correct way....😁

Ha ha - that is a standard joke of mine - when someone spells my name A-L-L-A-N, I say, "No, the proper way!" It's my Dad's name as well and it has worked for him for 92 years so far!

Thanks, Dan, for putting this model back on the front page.  Everyone seems to like the simplicity and that is exactly what I was going for.  Not trying to re-invent the wheel this time - instead, went with a proven formula that looks great on my shelf.  Monogram rods rock, irrespective of the larger scale!

Cheers

Alan