1951 Alfa Romeo 1900 Sprint

Hoffman

20 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Great looking model.

3 minutes ago, bbowser said:

Beautiful!  Who makes the kit?

2 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Beautiful. What kit is it.

Ray, Bruce, Lee- Thank you guys. This is was made by Leo Models, distributed by Whitebox in England and Europe. I picked mine up from a vendor in Italy. It comes fully assembled. I took it all apart, sanded and polished the paint on the body, and repainted everything else. I lowered it 1.5mm and replaced the wheels and tires.  I adapted better ones from a Danbury Mint Ferrari Testa Rossa. The brake drums are flat washers from Home Depot. The floor is carpeted with Kens Fuzzy Fur. Trimed it with a Molotow chrome pen. Engine detail painted, distributor modified to add Detail Master plug wires. Photographed outdoors in evening light, here in California.

4 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Very nice modifications, Tim - I have 3 of these in my collection - will undergo different degrees of detailing (2 will be turned into racecars from back in the day)

Hello Helmut. Thank you so much! I thought you might like this one, and I'm not at all surprised that you have several of them. This was a great design from Alfa Romeo. 😍

7 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Beautiful and rare. Has a Karmann ghia vibe to it,  albeit more powerful.

I agree completely! It is very similar to the Karmann Ghia; the greenhouse, the fenders, emphasized horizontal line at the rockers, the triangular hood. It makes you wonder how nice a Ghia might look with some Borrani chrome wires. Not really possible with wide five Volkswagen drums, but if things were different......

13 hours ago, Zippi said:

Really nice looking 51 Alfa Romeo.  That dark blue body color goes well with the gray interior.  The wheels & tires worked out nicely.  Great job. 

15 hours ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Beautiful!

Long time Alfa Romeo fan, have owned 5 real cars (not 1900's like this) and your Alfa has always been considered a trophy own to me.

22 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

cool

Thank you, Man! 😃

22 hours ago, Dave B said:

That's stunning Tim, tks for sharing.

Dave B

You're welcome, and thank you Dave! 🤩

23 hours ago, Kah puts said:

What a well proportioned car, you're detailing has brought it to life. 

Thank you, kind Sir! 😄