Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Cannonball Run Year of Birth Voting Poll

White Rabbit

Welcome Cannonballers! We've reached the Portofino Inn and it's now time to decide who wins this year's Cannonball Year of Birth!

1. 2022 Completed Builds Review this year's completed builds. Then...

2.  Vote Here Select your favorite build

I've attempted to block multiple votes, however, I'm not sure that it has worked. Therefore, please limit your votes to only one per person.

The poll will be open now through December 16th which should give everyone enough time to vote.

Edited by White Rabbit

Hello everyone,

It seems that the initial security settings that I had on the survey allowed for multiple votes, which was skewing the results. However, I seem to have corrected this issue with heightened security on the survey. Therefore, even if multiple votes are cast, only one will be counted. Below is the updated poll. I appreciate your patience and understanding, but we do have an accurate poll. 

Reminder: there is still time until December 16th, 11:59pm (Eastern US time) to cast your vote for your favorite build.

1934972141_Screenshot2022-12-06at12_26_33AM.png.f5cb4c29534f25a3af07b809907d51c5.png1468462226_Screenshot2022-12-06at12_26_49AM.png.29ed151570f844139f3a8f2cf7d4fc38.png

• Like 1

Having finished my build in July, I had completely forgotten about this build-off until I saw a post in Under Glass of a just finished entry. Once I found all of the posting and voting info, I posted my finished build not knowing I missed the "deadline" and my build will not be in the voting. I understand there are time frames and all, but we do have other things going in our lives and a simple reminder from the organizer, like via personal message, would have been nice. And to go back on the original build thread and see that time was taken to post pics of our builds that we forgot to post for voting, basically feeling like you're rubbing our noses in it, really adds a lot of insult to injury and in my opinion was in very poor taste. A little bit of consideration for those of us that lost track of things would have been very welcomed, and considering there were only 6 of us, it would have taken very minimal time and effort to send a reminder message, after all we were finished. I did not expect to win, but to have my efforts recognized and have at least a chance would have been nice. It's not like we had to be reminded to try to finish our builds. For a yearly contest that has sought more entrants, this situation certainly doesn't help in that respect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

At this time I'd like to Announce the winner of the 2022 Cannonball Run Community build Year Of Birth. Congratulations to Mattilacken for that Awesome 1500 Chevy! Thanks to everyone for the support! see you all next year!

Screenshot_20221217-121451_Photos.jpg

Wow!! Thanks everyone!! I was not expecting that, especially with all the problems that I had!! Thanks Again Allot! 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 7:36 PM, stinkybritches said:

Congrats Anton. You built a killer truck.

On 12/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, Fat Brian said:

Very nice build and perseverance through adversity, well done.

On 12/17/2022 at 9:21 PM, Sam I Am said:

Great job, love the details. 👏 

On 12/18/2022 at 10:46 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

Well done Anton!

On 12/19/2022 at 1:13 AM, Street Rod said:

Congratulations, Anton! Great looking truck!

9 minutes ago, Belugawrx said:

Congrats Anton !!

Just now, Pat Minarick said:

Congratulations Anton!

Thanks everyone! It’s an honor to be building with al of you and I have learnt so much through my time here and have just gotten started! Thanks again for the kind words and the votes!