Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Audi E-Tron now a tribute to Ken Block

stitchdup

This weeks work project since its too cold to paint and i aint opening the window to use the booth so another project it is. This is the new revell kit but since my background is in the vw scene i just cant leave it stock so i've printed a steering wheels and seats for the interior and a few choices for rims but i'm having difficulty choosing between them.

DSC07907.thumb.JPG.1cbf8d174d682255ae9d9ed17f45d388.JPG

22" corvette

DSC07902.thumb.JPG.a88ea42a72f4357717596f247c1dfea2.JPG

20" sensi

DSC07904.thumb.JPG.7e2646033b970c8ca4264ea02e437159.JPG

22" 1552 tarmacs

DSC07905.thumb.JPG.af761faf2c7e99079e5a9981f50e9271.JPG

rotiform aerodiscs (resized and recontoured)

DSC07906.thumb.JPG.fee05b1cce9d7bde7469829ce5297251.JPG

20" porsche 911

DSC07900.thumb.JPG.1339af285dd3997ac5d7be6e2db9bef4.JPG

22" audi a8 s-line

DSC07901.thumb.JPG.1a191cb293d659d02cbfdd989889985d.JPG

rotiform sixers

DSC07903.JPG

Edited by stitchdup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 12:05 AM, Mattilacken said:

Nice! I think I like the 1552s best on that one! The Fuchs we where discussing. Are they printed in two pieces so you can set the offset?

they are faces like amt rims but i can fit them to any barrel size

• Like 1

Well this has turned into a tribute build to Ken Block. It would have been finished today but i ran out of black paint for the window surrounds and have no clear red apart from brush stuff so both of those are ordered. The glass is just placed in for the pics at the moment. If you are building one of these you will need to make sure every trace of the sprue attachments are gone or the glass wont fit. The passenger side glass also needs the centre bottom attachment trimmed as its a little off, and I'd recommend gluing the glass anyway as the front and rear attachments are too short to hold the glass in. And the rear interior attachments are very out of place so that bit will need glued but it still works if you just remove the nubs from the bck of the interior tub. I didn't bother painting the interior on this one as its already all black and looks decent, besides there little point going to the trouble of painting black plastic to look like black plastic. I did paint the exterior plastics black as they are gloss on Ken's audi. Hopefully the post aint on strike before my paint arrives so i can get this finished. Apart from the wheels and paint this is box stock

DSC07941.JPG

DSC07937.JPG

DSC07940.JPG

• Like 2

• stitchdup changed the title to Audi E-Tron now a tribute to Ken Block

Looking good. This is what I'm going to be doing as well with my Etron. 

I like the wheel choice you went with. There are several different pics floating around with different wheel sets. I was going to do this too, but there's a nice set of 3D wheels with Ken's 43 on them now available that I'm going to be using on my Etron.

Looking forward to seeing you're finished result.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jhedir6 said:

Looking good. This is what I'm going to be doing as well with my Etron. 

I like the wheel choice you went with. There are several different pics floating around with different wheel sets. I was going to do this too, but there's a nice set of 3D wheels with Ken's 43 on them now available that I'm going to be using on my Etron.

Looking forward to seeing you're finished result.

it wasn't my original plan but i had printed the wheels already and it just seemed fitting this week. The next one (i bought a full case of them cos there just not enough audi kits) will be porsche macadamia brown pearl with an orange interior on big gt3 rims and absolutely slammed on the floor. i found a steering wheel to match the wheels too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2023 at 2:44 AM, Jhedir6 said:

How's your Etron coming along? Still plugging away on mine. 

I got it painted but wasnt happy with the finish, so I wet sanded out some imperfections and still need to sand out some more and repaint the body and  the ski box.

20230216_223839.thumb.jpg.e8b4084b04b0f1764540f5e124aec8df.jpg

thats looking good, i still need to mask the window surrounds for the black, and give the rear lights some clear red. I might see if the liberty walk kit fits it too but just to look

To me as the Audi is an electric car the 1552's are more aero than the rest. I've seen the Ken Block car but I can't see why the front and rear wheels are different!

Edited by PatW

1 hour ago, PatW said:

To me as the Audi is an electric car the 1552's are more aero than the rest. I've seen the Ken Block car but I can't see why the front and rear wheels are different!

the aero wheels on the front in racing are used to help cool the brakes and is normally a cover that fits over another wheel. the holes around the edge suck cold air into the brakes and if you flip an aoro disc around to look at the back side it looks just like a bbs wheel without the holes. The different wheels are just a fashion thing now though since brakes are so mush better. i think Ken was trying to make the e-tron have some style link to the s1 that did pikes peak with Walter Rohrl driving with the different wheels. I think the sierra cosworth kit has a pair for the front wheels included in the kit i have. Personally I would have used a bbs wheel on the rear but since i started this around the time of Kens accident I went for what he had. I have 5 more of these kits to play with so there will be some other wheel combos done later

Yes I understand the aero idea for the front brakes and the need to do the same at the rear, but if this is a 'fashion' thing, there's no telling where it will end up! I've seen a number of images with a swoopy roof box, is this in the kit as well?

10 minutes ago, PatW said:

Yes I understand the aero idea for the front brakes and the need to do the same at the rear, but if this is a 'fashion' thing, there's no telling where it will end up! I've seen a number of images with a swoopy roof box, is this in the kit as well?

something like this Ken, I'm gathering the parts for this

DSC07912-1200x800.jpg