Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Corvette C8 Coupé

Radek100

1 hour ago, tim boyd said:

What constitutes skill level 3 at Revell these days?   Most importantly, does the current Revell definition of skill level 3 typically include a complete, standalone engine/powertrain?   TB 

Previous Skill Level 3 under the current 1-5 range were were the Pre-Painted Body (and subsequent unpainted followed up) kits like the C7 and '14 Mustang.

Be interesting to see which scale it's really in since the stock number used here and Hannants is a U.S. one.

The new tool Porsche 911s from Revell are Skill Level 3 but come with full detail and are nice kits (same goes for their recent Jaguar E-type kits).  I guess it is 1/24 as it is Revell of Germany and they tend to release their cars in 1/24.  I'd prefer 1/25th as the rest of my Corvettes (and American cars and trucks as well) are in this scale but it is nice to finally see a kit of a significant addition to the Corvette line-up being introduced.

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Previous Skill Level 3 under the current 1-5 range were were the Pre-Painted Body (and subsequent unpainted followed up) kits like the C7 and '14 Mustang.

Be interesting to see which scale it's really in since the stock number used here and Hannants is a U.S. one.

Thanks James....TB

3 hours ago, tim boyd said:

What constitutes skill level 3 at Revell these days?   Most importantly, does the current Revell definition of skill level 3 typically include a complete, standalone engine/powertrain?   TB 

the number of parts included. i have some recent snap kits with higher skill numbers than the glue kits

3 hours ago, Bennyg said:

This is fantastic news! My only request or suggestion would be for Revell to supply the window surrounds to be prepainted. I currently am building an Audi e-tron GT RS, and there is a lot of masking required to paint the window surrounds.

Ben

I don’t think Revell has ever gotten past a water-slide decal sheet in their kits. What’s been unfortunate over the past few years is a lack of aftermarket for Revell Germany kits. In the past you could rely on A+ Club or Plamoz to create new wheels/tires or metal transfers for the emblems but both are defunct. I haven’t seen an aftermarket detail kit yet for the E-Type.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BVC500 said:

I don’t think Revell has ever gotten past a water-slide decal sheet in their kits. What’s been unfortunate over the past few years is a lack of aftermarket for Revell Germany kits. In the past you could rely on A+ Club or Plamoz to create new wheels/tires or metal transfers for the emblems but both are defunct. I haven’t seen an aftermarket detail kit yet for the E-Type.

For E-type produces photo etch set Hobby Design.

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/od5t8svei4wg1fzozepu.html

You can buy 3d printed wheels or print them yourself.

https://www.thescalemodelingchannel.com/shop/product-category/sample-product/wk-01-1-24-tsmc3d-jaguar-e-type-wire-wheels-for-revell/

https://www.printables.com/cs/model/328485-124-jaguar-e-type-rim-for-revell-07668-and-07687

Some metal transfers sells zoomonmodel.

https://www.zoomonmodel.com/zd

• Like 2

From IPMS Germany

07714 Corvette Stingray C8 – 1:24 (NEW TOOL)

Die brandneue Corvette Stingray C8 Coupé ist jetzt im Maßstab 1:24 erhältlich! Dieser Modellbausatz enthält komplett neue Formen und ist ein Muss für jeden Fan amerikanischer Sportwagens. Die C8 Stingray verfügt im Gegensatz zu allen Vorgängern der Baureihe über einen Mittelmotor und ist mit 500 PS eine der stärksten Corvettes, die je gebaut wurden. Mit 100 Teilen ist dieser Modellbausatz perfekt für Anfänger und Fortgeschrittene. Also warte nicht länger und bestelle noch heute deine Corvette Stingray C8 Coupé.

• Mehrteiliger Motor
  • Originalgetreuer Innenraum 
  • Drehbare Räder

3 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

From IPMS Germany

Die brandneue Corvette Stingray C8 Coupé ist jetzt im Maßstab 1:24 erhältlich! Dieser Modellbausatz enthält komplett neue Formen und ist ein Muss für jeden Fan amerikanischer Sportwagens. Die C8 Stingray verfügt im Gegensatz zu allen Vorgängern der Baureihe über einen Mittelmotor und ist mit 500 PS eine der stärksten Corvettes, die je gebaut wurden. Mit 100 Teilen ist dieser Modellbausatz perfekt für Anfänger und Fortgeschrittene. Also warte nicht länger und bestelle noch heute deine Corvette Stingray C8 Coupé.

• Mehrteiliger Motor
  • Originalgetreuer Innenraum 
  • Drehbare Räder

Translation?

5 minutes ago, Len Woodruff said:

Translation?

The all-new Corvette Stingray C8 Coupe is now available in 1/24 scale! This model kit features all new molds and is a must have for any American sports car fan. In contrast to all predecessors in the series, the C8 Stingray has a mid-engine and, with 500 hp, is one of the most powerful Corvettes ever built. With 100 parts, this model kit is perfect for beginners and intermediates. So don't wait any longer and order your Corvette Stingray C8 Coupé today.

Multi-part engine
Original interior
Rotating wheels
  • Thanks 1