Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fireball Modelworks still in business' ?

Sent a email order inquiry on Monday and left a message on their FB page , no response yet.

If they are slow that's OK but if they are out of business I need to start looking elsewhere for some carbs.

Thanks for any helpful responses 

Edited by Jon Haigwood

Joseph's work is incredible and very popular with detail seekers as you can imagine. The downside is because the demand is so high, it's difficult to keep up. He always does respond when time permits. Fireball is a small business so people need to be patient and careful not to criticize, he provides a great service for us. Fireball's products takes our hobby beyond expectations and as far as I'm concerned, Joseph's customer service is impectable.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BobbyG said:

Joseph's work is incredible and very popular with detail seekers as you can imagine. The downside is because the demand is so high, it's difficult to keep up. He always does respond when time permits. Fireball is a small business so people need to be patient and careful not to criticize, he provides a great service for us. Fireball's products takes our hobby beyond expectations and as far as I'm concerned, Joseph's customer service is impectable.

no criticism here, just an inquiry 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Chernecki said:

I heard from Joseph yesterday and placed an order. He said he is busy clearing out 2022 orders. He has a bunch of cool new stuff that hasn't been added to the website yet. 

Yep, he mentioned the same thing to me. I think between that car accident on NYE 2021, Covid and the steady stream of orders, he hasn't been able to catch up. My order took about a month from when I placed it to when I got it and that included the holidays, so no complaints from me. From what he teased, he has some cool stuff coming for the reissued 78 Bronco but he didn't say exactly what.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 3:34 PM, Mike Chernecki said:

I heard from Joseph yesterday and placed an order. He said he is busy clearing out 2022 orders. He has a bunch of cool new stuff that hasn't been added to the website yet. 

I heard back from him on the 18th and placed my order. He told me the same thing.  No worries. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For the record, yesterday I saw a note on his website stating he's moving and will be temporary shut down. This should only be for some or most of April 2023? I did place an order roughly 2 months ago, and got everything in the mail weeks ago, so he's still in business, but like others have said, he stays very busy. Patience is the key when making inquiries or orders, he's so popular due to his highly detailed and high quality products, that it does take some time for him to respond. Like the others have said, it's well worth any delay or wait. Please remember, he's just one man, making detailed products for the masses, he's not a robot run production line in a factory with hundreds of employees helping...

Edit: Below is the note I mentioned above:

"

UPDATE  MARCH 28, 2023

We are in the process of moving back to North Alabama!  I am shutting down for about 3 weeks until the middle of April, and then I will resume operations.  I will answer emails when I can until then.  I still have a few orders that I wasn't able to get shipped before I took my shop apart, but they will of course be the first ones to go out when I get back to work"

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Another guy whose work is definitely worth the wait; it's some of the highest quality on the planet.

Could not have said it better.  And Randy carries products from him and other artists like Harold Bradford at his online store

Edited by Exotics_Builder