Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar E-Type 1962 Le Mans

Boys and girls, today's infomercial is about Pacer Canopy Glue. It was suggested by Matt Bacon and that stuff is great for gluing clear and chromed parts. Easy to apply, good adhesion and dries clear.

I feel like an influencer...without the $$$ pouring in. Matt, let's start a YouTube channel!

Jag wip94.jpg

• Like 3

The moment I feared came...time to slide the chassis & interior into that body with the massive downward curve. More complicated because I had previously integrated the rear chassis pan to the body... so spread the lower body, slide the chassis back into it at 45 degrees, then rotate the front chassis into position, without breaking or scratching anything.

I had decided not to glue the windshield beforehand for fear of breaking it when spreading the body and thankfully the only damaged area from this delicate operation was top of dash. I can fix that before gluing the windshield.

Jag wip95.jpg

Jag wip96.jpg

That does look like it would be almost impossible to get that chassis to body on this model, but you did a fabulous job as always and the beauty of brush painting is that you will be able to fix the dash with nobody the wiser.  I'm really looking forward to the major unveiling of this awesome build.

Excellent work Pierre, Fortunately I stumbled on your thread before you finished the car. Your detail work is very inspiring. I have the Revell Jaguar D to build and will incorparate some of your technics in that build. Except I will be airbrushing the paint, I can't believe how smooth your brush paint method works...fantastic!

4 hours ago, curt raitz said:

Excellent work Pierre, Fortunately I stumbled on your thread before you finished the car. Your detail work is very inspiring. I have the Revell Jaguar D to build and will incorparate some of your technics in that build. Except I will be airbrushing the paint, I can't believe how smooth your brush paint method works...fantastic!

Thanks Curt, that's why we do these w.i.p. Sharing our discoveries and learning from each other.