Model Cars Magazine Forum

Golden Commanders coming soon

gbdolfans

Yes...same underbody (not sure if the altered Dodge and Plymouths had different wheelbases...pretty sure the stock ones differed a bit).  I'd bet that the altered wheelbase Dodge and Plymouth kits will use the same underbody, same suspension parts, same engine, same wheels, same clear parts...they will only differ in regards to bodies and related parts.  If they were much more different from one another, the added expense might have prevented Moebius from doing the Dodge, unless they had also done a stock one first.

I really need to get back to my own Dodge conversion, as all the parts are already bought and paid for.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Maybe Moebius is doing another production run.  The first was small, with a lot of them going to members of the Commandos.  They'd sell them at gatherings, and autograph the boxes if the buyer so desired.

Bingo, the listing says pre order, Feb 2023

https://www.megahobby.com/products/1965-plymouth-golden-commandos-model-king.html

Edited by martinfan5

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 1:35 PM, Chris in Berwyn said:

The Golden Commandoes kit is a great one.  I really enjoyed building it.   2v2HnmRC8x9V8ag.jpg

This looks great!  May I ask what paint you used on the body?  I've got this kit and have been trying to decide what color to use.  Thanks.

On 2/28/2023 at 5:16 PM, Nitro330 said:

This looks great!  May I ask what paint you used on the body?  I've got this kit and have been trying to decide what color to use.  Thanks.

Thank you!  I used Tamiya White and Tamiya Metallic Orange, both shot out of the rattlecan.

Chris