Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell ‘67 Charger

NOBLNG

37 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Holy smokes! You have your foot to the floor on this one!  Looks great Greg, the interior is particularly nice. I like embossing powder for carpet, I think it looks “scale correct”. Is the red paint Tamiya dull red? 

Cheers, Steve

The interior paint is Premier Colonial Red from Canadian Tire, decanted and airbrushed. It was left over from my ‘41 Chevy pickup. The carpet is just a brighter red embossing powder, then flat clear over everything. I found a local craft shop that has a bunch of colours of embossing powder so I see more carpets in my future.🙂

33 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Oh… I see we use the same burnishing tools for foil work. Those pointed swabs are perfect 👍. I like your idea of using tape to contain the foil “bits” , I will definitely be borrowing that one. Thanks 

I use the pointed ones for setting the foil in the crease before trimming,but they are a little flimsy for burnishing. I have some nice wooden ones I got at a local electronics supplier that worked great for the foil on the wheel well trim.

5E3A6583-3580-4A19-B7E8-4FC2141BB9CB.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

1 minute ago, NOBLNG said:

The interior paint is Premier Colonial Red from Canadian Tire, decanted and airbrushed. I found a local craft shop that has a bunch of colours of embossing powder so I see more carpets in my future.🙂

I use the pointed ones for setting the foil in the crease before trimming,but they are a little flimsy for burnishing. I have some nice wooden ones I got at a local electronics supplier that worked great for the foil on the wheel well trim.

4AAA577F-0645-458B-AABE-F5C128326AFD.jpeg

Ohhhh, those look nice… What are they called? And what the heck does an electrician do with them?! I tend to end up holding the “flimsy” ones close to the bottom because of that. It would  definitely be good to have a none flimsy version. 

22 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Ohhhh, those look nice… What are they called? And what the heck does an electrician do with them?! I tend to end up holding the “flimsy” ones close to the bottom because of that. It would  definitely be good to have a none flimsy version. 

Steve, these were MG Chemicals brand tapered tip swabs. I guess they are used for cleaning electronic components? I did buy some multi-sized single ended ones from Princess Auto too…..but they just snap if ANY side pressure is applied.😕

Edit: I don’t see the double ended ones anywhere, but here are singles.

https://www.amazon.ca/MG-Chemicals-8112A-Tapered-8112A-100/dp/B08MWV1Q2R/ref=sr_1_2?crid=13B0W6GZNAW6L&keywords=mg+chemicals+swabs&qid=1676434802&sprefix=mg+chemicals+swabs%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-2

Edited by NOBLNG

Just came across this build and it's looking really nice Greg !  Your foil work and details are look near perfect and that interior . . . just WOW !  When I've used embossing powder it always takes a second application for a nice even finish , regardless if I used thinned Elmer's or anything else .

On 2/15/2023 at 5:47 AM, Joe Nunes said:

Really coming along nicely. 👌

Joe

On 2/15/2023 at 8:36 AM, Slotto said:

Great job on the paint and foil

On 2/15/2023 at 9:10 AM, drodg said:

Very nice build.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:06 AM, Butter 1 said:

Nice work!!  That interior is awesome and your foil work is very nicely done.

17 hours ago, slusher said:

With your interior and and paint going to be a beautiful Charger!

8 hours ago, TooOld said:

Just came across this build and it's looking really nice Greg !  Your foil work and details are look near perfect and that interior . . . just WOW !  When I've used embossing powder it always takes a second application for a nice even finish , regardless if I used thinned Elmer's or anything else .

Yeah, I am definitely planning on two coats from now on!🙂

5 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

Nice interior and foil, Greg! Still amazed that you don't sand or rub out your body paint. Nice work! 😎

Thanks John…I have tried it a bit in the past, but I really don’t have the patience for it. And I don’t enter any contests so…
Thanks for all the nice comments Guys, I appreciate the support.

Edited by NOBLNG

I did the grill and tail light surround with thinned Tamiya SG black. I find that panel line accent doesn’t like to cover chrome very well. The Dodge lettering was foiled before primer and paint. The license plates are printed on label paper and covered with scotch tape. The Charger letters on the tail light and the lettering on the tires are done with a silver sharpie.🙂

93751C04-C6AA-427B-AC66-77EDCDE50FCB.jpeg.006db50a084156e4fed3427fc79b5a61.jpeg

9438FD14-4795-4050-BFF6-49D506B106A6.jpeg.59f7a92b07f678cdc1328ea4f9fbbc28.jpeg

I am finished with this one now. More under glass pics here.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/179073-revell-‘67-charger/?do=edit

2FA52760-0DAB-4370-9422-BACC3D9087C0.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 3

Really nice work, Greg!  That Tamiya LP white paint turned out nice. I just bought a couple of bottles of basic colors to brush paint small parts since I can't get Metalizer any more.  I'll have to break out the air brush and give it a try in the future.  Your Charger looks great! 😎👍

11 hours ago, SpikeSchumacher said:

Nicely done Greg!

1 hour ago, ModelcarJR said:

Really nice work, Greg!  That Tamiya LP white paint turned out nice. I just bought a couple of bottles of basic colors to brush paint small parts since I can't get Metalizer any more.  I'll have to break out the air brush and give it a try in the future.  Your Charger looks great! 😎👍

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

Beautiful work. Interior looks spotless!

Thanks Guys!🙂

• 3 weeks later...