Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 car and truck kit product news at 2023 DAAM Show....

tim boyd

3 hours ago, PintoKING said:

Good idea on those Firebirds!

As for a fully-cloned (?) kits, I predict the MPC '68-'69 Impala and AMT "67-'68 Galaxie.

Let the prediction-game begins!

:)

My gut feeling for what's next is the AMT 67 Galaxie.  Lots of requests for that one through the years.  Maybe some can give us a hint.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Can't recall if the El Camino w/ slide-in camper has been available in decades..the bed topper/shell has been available, but I don't recall seeing the camper version in my era (the last 45 years). 

I believe the slide-in camper was last seen in the 1996 Buyers Choice issue.

-Steve  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rekcirb13 said:

When I started a thread about this last year, I had my doubts that the AMT 1960 Ford F-100 pickup kit would ever be re-released, especially after a 63 year absence! Everything that I read indicated that the molds had been damaged or lost forever. Good job, Round 2!

Well what you read doesn't appear to be incorrect. The molds probably were damaged and/or lost. This new release appears to be a clone (with improvements) of the original. Please note the cab is separate from the bed, the improved engine compartment, that the grille and front bumper are now separate from each other, and if Round2 follows precedent, the headlights will probably be separate clear pieces now. 

Looking forward to further details now that the kat is officially out of the bag. 

3 hours ago, SteveG said:

With all the excitement over the '60 F-100 I forgot to mention that this version of the "70 Coronet Super Bee is a special run that feature both the Peacock Blue and Ledger Green "C stripes" with the third color being Black.  We also did the tail stripes in Black, White and Peacock Blue just for fun.  When this run of kits is over, I doubt that you will see those rare colors on the decals again.   

-Steve

Yeah!!!!  TB

3 hours ago, SteveG said:

With all the excitement over the '60 F-100 I forgot to mention that this version of the "70 Coronet Super Bee is a special run that feature both the Peacock Blue and Ledger Green "C stripes" with the third color being Black.  We also did the tail stripes in Black, White and Peacock Blue just for fun.  When this run of kits is over, I doubt that you will see those rare colors on the decals again.   

-Steve

Those wonderful V8B and V8F and V6B and V6F -- the latter being the C stripes' codes, IIRC -- variants are sure to wear-out my bank card ! 

Any chance that the DOHC 426 will make its return ? I'd love to see it as an option for the stock Super Bee. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteveG said:

-Steve

Welp, I didn't think I needed another Super Bee kit until you just confirmed this, Steve!  Good stuff!

In case anyone hasn't seen a 1:1 with Ledger Green "C stripes":

image.png.668e8e7307e76aef3c53ff2bf14f489f.png

• Like 3

You're going to have a bunch of very good sellers.

I might buy two of those Bees simply so I can build one each in blue and green with the correct stripes. The B5 or B7 blues with the blue stripes was especially attractive.

The green I'd probably do in white/green interior, maybe add a white vinyl top.

My guess for the NNL-East unveiling....one of the 1958-62 annuals, hopefully with a little bit better chassis and interior.

Charlie Larkin

1 hour ago, Robberbaron said:

Welp, I didn't think I needed another Super Bee kit until you just confirmed this, Steve!  Good stuff!

In case anyone hasn't seen a 1:1 with Ledger Green "C stripes":

image.png.668e8e7307e76aef3c53ff2bf14f489f.png

Mmmmmmmm. That's SWEET!

I'll play the game.

The NNL East announcements will be something we did not see coming at all.

One will be something Brand New. (Think 2021 or 2022 Model)

The Other might be a clone, but I don't think it will be a promo, really. My thought is that it will be something nobody has really mentioned, possibly from MPC tooling. Maybe a Showrod or something off the beaten path.

Anyway, I'll lay my marker down here.

1 minute ago, stavanzer said:

I'll play the game.

The Other might be a clone, but I don't think it will be a promo, really. My thought is that it will be something nobody has really mentioned, possibly from MPC tooling. Maybe a Showrod or something off the beaten path.

My guesses:

Brand new: '21-22 Challenger Hellcat to go w/ the '21 Charger

clone:  MPC '71 Dodge Demon 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

I'll play the game.

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

My guesses:

Brand new: '21-22 Challenger Hellcat to go w/ the '21 Charger

clone:  MPC '71 Dodge Demon 

These are strong possiblities.

I could see the Demon being done like the 1970 Coronet....duplicate of the original body, interior updated to platform-type, and adopted to work with the 1968-'69 Road Runner/GTX undercarriage, only using the 1971 Duster for the underpinnings. Might even use the interior seeing they were pretty much identical from what I remember, meaning only a body and chrome tree would be needed, and some decals.

The Challenger is a very logical pick, in all honesty, and makes perfect sense.

I'll throw one more in to the modern car mix.....a new Ram/Silverado/F-150 kit. People have been asking for a contemporary truck for long enough that it could happen, and Auto World has very nice F-150/Silverado diecasts, so simply scaling up the CAD drawings, and making adjustments to the existing components for size, and pieces like a separate suspension and the like isn't a lot of extra work.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575
  • Like 1