Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parts Pack Altered...

Mothersworry

Great looking build - I'd guess this is the collection of Parts Packs that Atlantis will be reissuing as a Keeler's Kustoms kit later this year, so it's interesting to see this build.

Looks great, love the color, and the chrome mylar is a smart material to use for that firewall!  Where do you source that, and what thickness is it?

35 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Great looking build - I'd guess this is the collection of Parts Packs that Atlantis will be reissuing as a Keeler's Kustoms kit later this year, so it's interesting to see this build.

Looks great, love the color, and the chrome mylar is a smart material to use for that firewall!  Where do you source that, and what thickness is it?

Not exactly, as far as I know Atlantis is not reissuing the Buick engine parts pack but you can use the Tommy Ivo Showboat 4 engine dragster engines as they are essentially the same and Norm Veber (Replicas and Miniatures Of Maryland) has the resin parts to build the Tommy Ivo engines as parts pack engines.

As I recall, I got the Chrome Mylar from Michael's but that wuz a few years ago, it's not to thick, kinda like contact paper.

1 hour ago, Mothersworry said:

Not exactly, as far as I know Atlantis is not reissuing the Buick engine parts pack but you can use the Tommy Ivo Showboat 4 engine dragster engines as they are essentially the same and Norm Veber (Replicas and Miniatures Of Maryland) has the resin parts to build the Tommy Ivo engines as parts pack engines.

As I recall, I got the Chrome Mylar from Michael's but that wuz a few years ago, it's not to thick, kinda like contact paper.

Interesting!  I have a couple of the Ivo kits that I picked up just for the engines - I've been meaning to figure out being able to print some parts to make them a little more usable for hot rod builds.  Can't beat getting 4 engines in a kit to repurpose, even if you do have to do a little figuring out to make them work :D

On 4/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Very nice. This is why I love the old parts-packs and the kits derived from them. You can't get much more period-perfect.  :D

What he said! VERY MOST WAY EXCELLENT time machine right back to about 1963. Very well done and model on! B)

• 2 weeks later...