Model Cars Magazine Forum

Curley Tremayne Chopped 50 Merc finished!

Ferbz

After working on this thing off and on for 5+yrs, this scale copy of Curley's old Merc is finally done! It's been a rocky road with a botched paintjob strip and bodywork redo along the way, but overall I'm glad to have it wrapped up 😊 Here's the link to the progress page where I've described how I started with an AMT 49 Merc kit and proceeded to cut it up, and another link to a WIP page where I show how I did some of the custom work as well as some detail tricks I learned along the way:

With all of it's imperfections and hiccups, this build is my best effort at making a model of one of my favorite all time 1:1 custom Mercs......I hope y'all like it!

20230529_114356.jpg

20230529_114506.jpg

20230529_114611.jpg

20230529_115803.jpg

• Like 15

On 5/31/2023 at 1:48 AM, Koellefornia Kid said:

Wow, Ferby! This model turned out great! <an awesome tribute to one of the most beautiful custom Mercs ever! So many great modifications and a delicious looking paint job! Stunning...Β πŸ₯°

Thanks man! I learned alot doing this build, particularly the fact that scale tribute copies are tough to do! There's alot of pressure to get the details as accurate as possible lol I did this build solely for myself though, so I only needed to get it as 'right' as I could for my personal satisfaction. It's not entirely accurate, but it's close enoughΒ πŸ˜‰