Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Chevrolet C10

Started this a couple of years ago. In the meantime, we have moved, and it took another 6 months before I could get my model room built in the basement. My idea was to build something like a Chevrolet Prototype that the styling department was trying some advanced designs beyond the 1960 model year. The body changes are along the order of what came on later model year body styles. Added what Chevrolet used to call a Panorama Rear Window. Never cared for the '60's hood so I used one from the Revell Suburban kit and closed the front air inlets. The grill is from the old parts box and from the Lucas style head lights it would have been during the '60's. Added side moldings to the bed much like the Camio Carrier models from the late '50's. For the interior I used some strips of plastic for seat moldings and decals from Scale Motorsports for the inserts. The body is painted with Tamiya TS-49 Bright Red and TS-26 Pure White along with Clear. The bed wood is done with several different shades of color to try and look like wood grain and covered with flat clear and chrome foil runners. Again, with the Prototype theme I found a Chevrolet 348/409 engine since they were offered in the bigger trucks why not put one in a Prototype C10? The white walls came in the kit. 

IMG_1869 (2).jpg

IMG_1870 (2).jpg

IMG_1872 (2).jpg

IMG_1874 (2).jpg

IMG_1875 (2).jpg

IMG_1871 (2).jpg

IMG_1876 (2).jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Wow, that is a beautiful "what if" build!

Thank you for looking and your comments. The biggest challenge was getting the 348 engine in the chassis. The engine is wide enough that it had to be installed after the cab and chassis were together. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, satterwhite78 said:

In my neck of the woods we call that a "Sunday truck"......meaning that you only drove it on Sunday's to Church, out to eat afterwards then back home to get washed for next Sunday..

Sunday Sharp!

Thanks for the interest. I have owned a few of your "Sunday Trucks" and like the term. We just used to call them "Pretty Trucks".