Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351

satterwhite78

WTH! (What the Henry!) Would not believe what I've been through to figure out and upload pictures from my Gallery. Never been a problem until now but it has been resolved. Seems that my last update on my phone converted photos to HCIE instead of jpg configuration and the forum doesn't accept HCIE files.

This is a great kit! A really great kit.  A detailed 351 Cleveland engine, a detailed chassis espcially the front suspension, correct engine bay and a simple to put together but detailed interior. All of this capped by plenty of decals for the the engine, interior, wheels and body accents.

My first choice was yellow but after Googling 71 Mustang Boss 351, I was intrigued with the Grabber Lime. Very few produced in the Boss 351 and 429 variant, not a big seller when introduced in 71 but a highly sought after paint scheme in today's market.  Krylon Fusion Gloss Jungle Green is a close match. I do plan on the Yellow version.

Overall a joy to build. All the sub sections go together nicely and when applied with others.

The only issue is the rear view mirror is applied to the windshield. Can be a big mess if a unsteady hand fumbles the application. 2nd is the lower rocker panel and side stripe decals. Be extra vigilant when sliding the decal off the wet decal paper onto the body. If the decal folds over onto itself it can be a tense standoff to unfold and reapply.

Make sure to slide the decal just slightly off the backing paper, apply that part tothe body and pull the backing paper at a slight angle while holding the decal at the starting point as an anchor. You will have to adjust for a straight decal line.

Will add a undercarriage pic soon...

20230731_184548.jpg

20230731_184643.jpg

20230731_184659.jpg

20230731_184721.jpg

• Like 15

That is one beautiful Mustang, that color really sets it off.  Only problem I see is that there is way too much tread on those rear tires, they should have been melted off by now. Really like your build of this model, wish I hadn't sold mine.